The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just watched a cracking Super GT race

AJI

Super GT round 4 which has just been on Motors TV (ch413)

What a cracking race..... at the beggining the highest qualified Supra was in 7th place (i think) and the commentators were saying the Supra wasn't as good as the 350Z's or the NSX's around a twisty track. Maybe not as good as the NSX's but I didn't accept that the Supra wasn't as good as a 350Z. In fact in race car form I'd say the Supra was just as good if not better than a 350Z on a twisty circuit...... And sure enough during the race all the Supras in the race started coming through the pack, not only beating the 350Z's but also whipping the NSX's !!

They finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th & 7th !!!

Lap by lap there were more and more Supras entering the top 6... it was great to watch.

The race itself was full of incidents and extremely close racing...... a Lambourghini Murcialago hit the barrier and blew up in a ball of flames. The car was totalled. Race stopped and then re-started due to this incident.

On the last lap however the Yellow Hat Supra came off on the FINAL corner (of a 3 hour race)... how gutted must he be?

Not only did Toyota win the GT500 race.... an MR-S won the GT300 race.

I'm fairly proud to be owning a Toyota..... currently 4th in F1 and complete domination in their home ground.

Suprastar - Was it running or just on show?

Would really like to hear something like that being driven enthusiastically in real life.

TV doesn't get anywhere near to true life sounds of race cars.

Running and on show.

Did sound really cool but as it was taking part in the hill climb it only went past once :(

Got some good pics tho:

PICS AND VIDEOS HERE MATE!!

Wonder how I missed your goodwood photo thread? Some really great images there.

All sorts of cars take part in Super GT....

in addition to those mentioned just above there are:

RX7's

Ferrari 550

Ferrari 360

Nissan 350Z

Supras (of course)

Honda NSX's

Garaiya's (kit car type GT racer of thing - bit like a bigger radical with more body-kit)

Mosler GT's

Porsche GT3's

Toyota MR2's (named MR-S in Japan)

Split into two classes.... GT500 - 500bhp machines & GT300 - 300bhp machines.

over 40 cars compete in each race !!!!

Yeah last year and previous to that the works Nissan cars were Skylines.... but for seom reason Nissan chose to run the 350Z on all their entries. I would have thought they'd test the water first with the 350Z and still run the proven Skyline for another season or two.

The Supras still whooped arse last year and the year before that.... and the year before that aswell ! :-) Maybe they chose the 350Z so they could save face on the Skyline? (maybe?) ;-)

Yeah last year and previous to that the works Nissan cars were Skylines.... but for some reason Nissan chose to run the 350Z on all their entries. I would have thought they'd test the water first with the 350Z and still run the proven Skyline for another season or two.

The Supras still whooped arse last year and the year before that.... and the year before that aswell ! :-) Maybe they chose the 350Z so they could save face on the Skyline? (maybe?) ;-)

Ermm....didn't Satoshi Motoyama/Richard Lyons win the championship last year in a Nissan Fairlady Z ???

See Here

Skylines haven't raced for factory teams since 2003.

I know it's asking a lot, but could someone post an mpeg or avi of a bit of it for the benefit of us who are at work or don't have satellite? Just the supras passing the finishing line 1 2 3 4 etc one after the other would be enough!