The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The black Beast 2012 updates. (sentenced to death)

JamieP

Terrible tyres, seems they may need some heat cycles in them to work right, wish id stayed R888, cant go wrong with them.

Which compound were you using?

Can you elaborate why they are bad?

I have been thinking to get them myself for the car, so would like to know :)

Most reviews and opinions from other high powered car drivers seem they have the opinion exactly opposite....

that they would rather use the V70a in future and not the R888.

Edited by Callaway Motorsport (see edit history)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Medium compound.

Looks like i jumped the gun on them tyres, Maybe they just needed a good clean up, I took it for a good run up the motorway last night, not much boost but did about 10 mile at a decent rate of speed then put the car away.

Ive just been out in it now and they are pretty good, I can lay all the power down in 3rd gear onwards easy, 2nd gear was doing pretty well an all, a little wheel spin but not to bad, still prefer R888's but at least they was not a total loss of money.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Medium compound.

Looks like i jumped the gun on them tyres, Maybe they just needed a good clean up, I took it for a good run up the motorway last night, not much boost but did about 10 mile at a decent rate of speed then put the car away.

Ive just been out in it now and they are pretty good, I can lay all the power down in 3rd gear onwards easy, 2nd gear was doing pretty well an all, a little wheel spin but not to bad, still prefer R888's but at least they was not a total loss of money.

Glad it's not a total loss, if I'm thinking right that should mean when you go to the smaller turbo the grip should be much better.

Or will you be back on R888's before the new turbo goes on?

Glad it's not a total loss, if I'm thinking right that should mean when you go to the smaller turbo the grip should be much better.

Or will you be back on R888's before the new turbo goes on?

Doubt it mate, new turbo is going to be a Hard Hitting Bad Ass Mo Fo :D new turbo spec is a secret for now.

Sounds good, will be great fun on track as well.

With some of the new turbo's being developed now I wouldn't be surprised to see a smaller one making 1000hp+ but coming in harder and faster.

Out of interest, what sort of rpm were you seeing full boost on the current one?

When's the new unit due to land mate? Would love to have a nosey when I pick mine up

Week or so, Lee is under strict orders to keep it under lock and key, Just feel like not giving my full spec away this time, I will put up a dyno graph when its mapped though.

Sounds good, will be great fun on track as well.

With some of the new turbo's being developed now I wouldn't be surprised to see a smaller one making 1000hp+ but coming in harder and faster.

Out of interest, what sort of rpm were you seeing full boost on the current one?

depends what gear you are in, about 4500-5000rpm id guess.

Blue line is all boost 2.3bar, Orange line is less boost but with a 100shot of nitrous just for prespool.

Week or so, Lee is under strict orders to keep it under lock and key, Just feel like not giving my full spec away this time, I will put up a dyno graph when its mapped though.

Fair play.

If I get 75% of your power, I'll be a happy fat lad

• 1 month later...

Just ordered a Do-luck 3D full carbon spoiler for my car from sumo power, same as jamesys one, very excited about getting it.

Its been stock looking for to long, going to make it look a bit more track car, got some APR carbon mirrors to go on, maybe try for another mag feature.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Wow! I know how expensive that spoiler is!:faint:

Should look great on the beast!

How close will the carbon end caps be to the rear Nur arches Jamie!?

Cheers guys, loads of room mate, from the petrol cap back mine wont be a lot different than stock.