The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The black Beast 2012 updates. (sentenced to death)

JamieP

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant you drive it off boost just for ONE morning :D

No.... its not one morning though, got to drive it home tomorrow with no boost, then drive to austec and back the next day for the meet, i think that would kill me :D

If Ryan is not busy tomorrow i might be able to get him to tweek it over the phone, turn the boost down and pull a bit of timming out to keep it safe till i remap, see what happens tomorrow.

No.... its not one morning though, got to drive it home tomorrow with no boost, then drive to austec and back the next day for the meet, i think that would kill me :D

If Ryan is not busy tomorrow i might be able to get him to tweek it over the phone, turn the boost down and pull a bit of timming out to keep it safe till i remap, see what happens tomorrow.

right got ya - i was thinking you were picking it up sunday and going from SRD to Austec then home.

Smaller, HKS 1.2mm + head skim means higher compression, Lee worked out the difference but I forget what it is now.

Got ya. My head is coming off the car tonight and getting skimmed and crack tested too. If I'm sticking with a stock head gasket I can see it needed a remap for about .004 thou or so. What do you think bud?

Got ya. My head is coming off the car tonight and getting skimmed and crack tested too. If I'm sticking with a stock head gasket I can see it needed a remap for about .004 thou or so. What do you think bud?

Any compression change and it will need a remap mate, fueling will be different everywhere so Ryan said, he told me not to let it on boost at all.

Car is home, Big thanks to Lee for the superb job, surprised at the huge difference the slightly raised compression made, a quick 2 second blip in second gear and the AFR's are at 14.6 WOT.

Meeting up with Ryan one evening next week to remap it.

Not going to take it to the Austec meet tomorrow, to far to drive with no boost.

Got my new SRD sub box from Lee this morning, will fit it in the next couple of days.