The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The black Beast 2012 updates. (sentenced to death)

JamieP

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it overheating at all? Or just the water spurting out on high boost that made you think the gasket was gone?..

Shame about the MLR, but there's plenty of events later in the year

Never got hot, just spat water out everytime I got on boost, rad has expanded a lot.

It won't happen again once the L19's are installed, oversight on my part, I should have spec'd them last time.

Not a big deal, Lee knows about it and it will be an easy fix.

Engine out for the head skim I assume? Your version of "easy fix" and mine aren't the same; for me that would be fitting new tyre dust caps!

Guest vasee13

Where's that do luck bonnet pictures? Would love to see it finished on your beautiful car! Love the look of the do luck and on a beast of a car like yours,would look even better

Lee took the head off this morning to fit the new gasket, dropped it to his machinist for crack testing and skimming, should be back in a day or two and he will put it back together with a new HKS 1.2mm head gasket and L19 ARP head studs, Compression will be slightly higher now, I will be at the Austec meet the weekend, Nice fast turn around from SRD.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)