The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The black Beast 2012 updates. (sentenced to death)

JamieP

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is indeed the same as HKS Ti, I have some stainless steel flanges here if you want one to match up to the titanium exhaust?

I know why this exhaust wont seal, the whifbitz titanium exhaust is not a true 4", inside the ti it measures 93mm, inside my whifbitz midpipe measures 100mm.

The external size of the vbands is miles apart an all, the ti one is 111mm and the steel one is 120mm, the clamps just wont pull them together, i dont think changing to a small flange on the steel pipe will work either as the clamps run out of thread on the smaller vband that the ti has, the ti exhaust needs a bigger flange to get over this, can you get one made thats the same size as your steel midpipe?

Be good to find out if it still flows as well as the HKS with it being so much smaller. I'm guessing you won't be able to tell till you get it sealed properly though.

Whats the ID of a HKS Ti then? i was thinking that would be 93mm an all? BTW i only measured with a tape measure, i could be a mm or two out i guess.

Whats the ID of a HKS Ti then? i was thinking that would be 93mm an all? BTW i only measured with a tape measure, i could be a mm or two out i guess.

Google says the HKS ti is 95mm, my whifbitz ti is most likey pretty close the that, measureing the outside was easy with a tape, the inside not so easy.

Ahh, I was assuming a 4" exhaust was actually 4" internally, I guess it means external?

Ahh, I was assuming a 4" exhaust was actually 4" internally, I guess it means external?

My whifbitz midpipe is 4" inside, im guessing this may be the problem, ti is slightly smaller than most 4" systems and the steel midpipe is slightly bigger than other 4" midpipes.

I know why this exhaust wont seal, the whifbitz titanium exhaust is not a true 4", inside the ti it measures 93mm, inside my whifbitz midpipe measures 100mm.

The external size of the vbands is miles apart an all, the ti one is 111mm and the steel one is 120mm, the clamps just wont pull them together, i dont think changing to a small flange on the steel pipe will work either as the clamps run out of thread on the smaller vband that the ti has, the ti exhaust needs a bigger flange to get over this, can you get one made thats the same size as your steel midpipe?

Pretty sure it's a proper 4", I haven't got any in stock at the moment to measure it though. I can get a larger Ti flange for you if needed of course or an HKS style stainless steel flange for the midpipe.

Pretty sure it's a proper 4", I haven't got any in stock at the moment to measure it though. I can get a larger Ti flange for you if needed of course or an HKS style stainless steel flange for the midpipe.

Thanks for the help Paul, I will give you a call tuesday, i just found an old 4" flange in the garage that might work, seems to pull in fine on the Ti exhaust, going to get my man to weld it on the midpipe monday and see if that works first.

Thanks for the help Paul, I will give you a call tuesday, i just found an old 4" flange in the garage that might work, seems to pull in fine on the Ti exhaust, going to get my man to weld it on the midpipe monday and see if that works first.

You might need a different clamp though.