The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The black Beast 2012 updates. (sentenced to death)

JamieP

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I right in thinking the lack of a divided hotside on your 7175 is partly the reason for the spool not being as quick as you'd hoped?

Not sure, in the past it's never made much difference, thing is, my car is setup for big power, I think the 280 cams are not helping, gonna change to 269's I think.

Guest Budz86
7175 is rated to 985 Bhp and I made 979 with it.

6766 is rated to 935 Bhp, if I can make 850+ and super fast spool I will be happy.

Cam's will deffo help with that. Might be worth doing those with the 7175 to see if it helps spool time?

I reckon you could still see 900+bhp with your set up and good spool on the 6766 though. Torque should be immense too! Wonder how the R888's will stand up to it?

Not sure, in the past it's never made much difference, thing is, my car is setup for big power, I think the 280 cams are not helping, gonna change to 269's I think.

Jamie i have got 280 cams on my 66 turbo making good power still, better then the 264 i had before.

Jamie i have got 280 cams on my 66 turbo making good power still, better then the 264 i had before.

Power is not a problem mark, im not interested in using nitrous either, i want quicker spool now im going a different direction with the car.

with my 280 cams my 66 spools just like that without nitrous, the 280 cams makes the car rev more = quicker spool.

bigger the cams the slower the spool time is mark, 280's are for a 1000 plus bhp, 269's will do me just fine, im not after huge power anymore.

Power is not a problem mark, im not interested in using nitrous either, i want quicker spool now im going a different direction with the car.

I'm glad its not just me who is thinking like this, Im finding Big Turbo cars so none entertaining on the street! quicker spool is so much more exciting for sure on the street...Either that or I'm getting old :)

That's nice Jamie.

I was surprised by the 6766 when I saw this video

Looks like a very fast setup with that turbo and 269 cams.

Yeah they seem to do ok, lack the top end rush a bit but you cant have everything, thats a journal bearing one an all.

Just put the drag radial rears on, I didn't fancy changing them at the pod in the end, messing about at last years suprapod put me right off drag racing, just gonna have a couple of gentle runs if the weather is ok.

Fitted a little stick on plate an all, not sure if i like it or not yet.

See you guys tomorrow, looking forward to a chin wag.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Fell in love with my car again yesterday, felt insanely fast.

Have to say im well impressed with that 7175 now, 146mph terminal from a small frame turbo is good going, only 3 mph down on last year with the big GT42-76

Im going to try out the 6766 as its an easy swap over but i think i will be keeping the 7175.

Thanks to Nick for the picture.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)