The mkiv Supra Owners Club

long low angle sports car ramps

peter richards

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay i've contacted the ebayer and he has agreed to match Peter's price of £130 delivered if we find 5 people. I'll PM Branners now to ask for permission to start a new group buy and also sort out a method of payment.

Thanks

Dan

Pm me when you know whats happening dude, Would the do-luck front still be ok with these or would it still scrape/get stuck?

Pm me when you know whats happening dude, Would the do-luck front still be ok with these or would it still scrape/get stuck?

Will do fella, i imagine it will be okay but pretty close as its the lowest bumper i can think of. Whats the ground cleareance at the front? You could lay down a couple bits of wood infront which would help.

Will do fella, i imagine it will be okay but pretty close as its the lowest bumper i can think of. Whats the ground cleareance at the front? You could lay down a couple bits of wood infront which would help.

Yeah thats what ill end up doing anyway lol, These will come in handy!

I'm not fussed by those ebay ones, they don't look quite as up to the job. I'm going to ask my local blackmiths (yes, they do still exist) if they can make me a set and see what the cost would be. Failing that, I'll make my own out of solid wood - a smaller set I made years ago has been invaluable. :)

The group buy is okay, but morally I do have to raise my concerns for safety.

You are putting a car that weighs 3400lbs on to a set of ramps that have not been safety tested. You will be working under the car while a large proportion of the weight of it rests on those ramps. One failed weld or weakened strutt could see the ramp fold and once one goes the other folds or falls with it.

I apologise to Peter for posting this, but I cannot let any thread carry on without raising this as I dont want to see any members squashed flat as a pancake.

The group buy is okay, but morally I do have to raise my concerns for safety.

You are putting a car that weighs 3400lbs on to a set of ramps that have not been safety tested. You will be working under the car while a large proportion of the weight of it rests on those ramps. One failed weld or weakened strutt could see the ramp fold and once one goes the other folds or falls with it.

I apologise to Peter for posting this, but I cannot let any thread carry on without raising this as I dont want to see any members squashed flat as a pancake.

I'm not disregarding what you've said as I agree, but I've had a good look at the ramps I got from Peter and also got my Dad to have a good look over them (he knows quite a bit about welding) and they seem to be great quality.

Peter, if they collapse and I get crushed, you can donate the money I paid you for them to my funeral fund :D