The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WHIFBITZ built forge engine 1800 miles use

mikeyh

theres not a knock jamie you make it sound like its an old banger;) its more of a TOPEND TAP thats not always there you only hear the noise with the bonnet up nothing is heard in the car.

i wanted everything to be safe and checked again so it went back in to have the rods changed and everything was checked including the head as i had also had some work done to this no problems were found all well within its tolarence but the noise was still noticable we then changed the cams back to standard this got rid of the noise,

it appears the high lift cams make the head a little noisy i cant remember the reason for this but i was told by whifbitz and other tuners not to worry about it even ryan said he never noticed it on the dyno:cool:

as it wasn't bad at all i decided to put my cams back in and listen to the traders that it will be safe and no damage can be caused to my newly built engine, its just not as quiet as others thats all:sly:

Sorry i Just think its worth mentioning in the sale thread that the engine is noisey, hate to see somebody spend there hard earned and find the engine has a noise that should not be there.

Sorry i Just think its worth mentioning in the sale thread that the engine is noisey, hate to see somebody spend there hard earned and find the engine has a noise that should not be there.

Jamie there is nothing wrong with the engine it has been checked, checked, and checked again by whifbitz and the same machine shop have built many big bhp engines no problems what so ever was found im sure paul will answer any questions if buyers are worried.

you say the engine is noisy it really isn't bad atall.

Whifbitz have assured me no damage can be caused its a strong built engine

@ heywood - Sounds expensive

Cost a fair bit, but managed to sell the 264's and old head, and now have a big valve head and mahoosive cams. I was told it was the cam buckets, but after spending over £800 to diagnose a problem that I was told was nothing to worry about, and then being quoted £20 per bucket from Mr T and needing 24 of them, I thought that spending the money to get all new/re built stuff was the way to go just incase the buckets didn't fix it.

• 3 weeks later...
L16 is the standard ARP head studs, He dont have L19's

MY bad I thought this had L19's in it, they are so cheap now its madness not to use em, I would just change it to ARP head studs then, don't advertise the fact it has the base ones in.

i left the the rebuild in the hands of whifbitz

As you were not going to run really high boost they are more than adequate just its such a nice car I would have tried to talk you into L19's at little over a couple of hundrted $$$ its madness not too. A lot of peeps will not know what L19's are so just change it to ARP bolts !!!

:shrug:

Way more than the starting bid on that e bay add !!! The head is over 2K worth all day long, rods and pistons close to £1500, ACL bearings 150, ARP studs £300 Cams £700, shimless buckets £300, oil pump 170 then you have the machining and balancing. Billet mains and pulleys are over 1K

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.