The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WHIFBITZ built forge engine 1800 miles use

mikeyh

i have for sale a fully built and balanced engine that has covered 1800 miles this includes new rods/pistons/bearings/oil pump/water pump and shimless camshaft buckets etc

only 800 miles use since being mapped by ryan the other 1000 was running it in, im sure if theres any more info you need paul would be the best person to speak to

link for rebuild is below

http://garagewhifbitz.co.uk/category/mike-huwen-supra/

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?238135-(mikes)-rebuild-by-whifbitz/page6

full spec

Mahle pistons 87.00mm

bc conrods

PHR billet main caps

ARP bolts mains

ARP L16 bolts on head

ACL bearings

Cylinder Head Race Ported & Polished

Solid bucket followers (better for high RPM)

Ferrea valves 1 mm over sized

Crower Uprated springs

Crower Titanium retainers

HKS 256 inlet Cam

HKS 264 exhaust cam

Titan racing Cam Pulleys

OEM Head Gasket

Billet Timing belt idle wheel bracket and new OEM wheel

gates racing Cam Belt

Boostlogic Crank Pulley

New OEM Water Pump

New OEM oil pump

Polished cam covers with 10an fittings

£4000

Why do I keep finding myself reading this for sale thread, I think I know all the words off by heart now.

Note to self " put your credit card AWAY NOW!!!"

GLWS free bump for a great price.

Oh do it! If I win the lottery tonight, this is mine :thumbs:

What happened about the knocking noise this engine made? i take it they got to the bottom of it?

theres not a knock jamie you make it sound like its an old banger;) its more of a TOPEND TAP thats not always there you only hear the noise with the bonnet up nothing is heard in the car.

i wanted everything to be safe and checked again so it went back in to have the rods changed and everything was checked including the head as i had also had some work done to this no problems were found all well within its tolarence but the noise was still noticable we then changed the cams back to standard this got rid of the noise,

it appears the high lift cams make the head a little noisy i cant remember the reason for this but i was told by whifbitz and other tuners not to worry about it even ryan said he never noticed it on the dyno:cool:

as it wasn't bad at all i decided to put my cams back in and listen to the traders that it will be safe and no damage can be caused to my newly built engine, its just not as quiet as others thats all:sly:

no its not a whifbitz head, they fitted replacment solid buckets/ a valve there was somthing else but cant remember what paul said it was now :innocent: everything else was checked and cleaned:cool:

spec below

Cylinder Head Race Ported & Polished

Solid bucket followers (better for high RPM)

Ferrea valves 1 mm over sized

Crower Uprated springs

Crower Titanium retainers

HKS 256 inlet Cam

HKS 264 exhaust cam

Titan racing Cam Pulleys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.