The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bawbag is BACK!! What damage has it done to you, or property?

Geo

I was out in peak district caving and the rain coming off the mountains was incredible.

Never seen such fast moving water. Some of the underground caverns filled with water in literally seconds. Impressive but also quite scary.

One system called The Devils Arse got its name from the sound the water makes as its forced down underground channels. The air rushing out sounds like someone farting and I can confirm, it does.

Tis a bit mental.

Not had anything happen to us that I know of but have seen the carnage all around. Was at my Dad's today and there are roof tiles and parts all around. The Glass bins have all been knocked over (they were out on the street for pickup) and there are glass/bottles all over the carpark. Noticed one massive rooftile in someones garden (it was actually the centre part) it had speared into the grass about a foot in, lucky noone was in front of that one.

Fences recked, windows smashed, etc.

Anyway.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-16392381

Now at 53 hours without electricity, I've had to move in with relatives until the Hydro board remove all the trees from the popwer lines :(

On the plus side, no damage to the house, but this is the third time in 5 weeks that we've had to bin the contents of the fridge and freezer.

Might be worth investing in a small portable generator if only to power the fridge/freezer and the house lighting. If you don't open the fridge/freezer regularly you would only have to run the generator for 10 mins every couple of hours or so. Overnight as long as the doors stay shut the contents would be fine for around 6-8 hours before starting to defrost.

I was out in peak district caving and the rain coming off the mountains was incredible.

Never seen such fast moving water. Some of the underground caverns filled with water in literally seconds. Impressive but also quite scary.

One system called The Devils Arse got its name from the sound the water makes as its forced down underground channels. The air rushing out sounds like someone farting and I can confirm, it does.

Ah Castleton, know it well. Climbed one of the tallest trees opposite the entrance to the devils arse could see for miles! Its a good B-road from sheffield to there and I've taken the supe on that run a number of times. They have some nice pubs there which serve pretty good food.

looks like I've been a caught out!

Got home to find a large tree complete uprooted and laying across my garden!

What's worse it somehow managed to land directly ontop of my shed, completely destroying it and the tv, shelves, bike, table and probably more stuff inside, but I'll have to wait until the morning to access the damage. Luckily it didnt knock down the electric fence otherwise I could have lost some of my livestock (victims).