The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Twin Turbo - £7,000 budget

steady_dave

Right...i've been out of the Supra game for about 6 months ago and want in again!

I sold my Red NA and want to come back with a bit more power.

So here are the basics...I've got about £7,000 Max so guess i'm looking for an auto but hey never know may get lucky.

Here's a list of must's:

No high mileage (Has to be under 100k preferably lower but hey Supra's aren't spring chickens anymore)

Alloys 18's or over

Here's a wishlist ;)

Really want in black but open to offers if looks nice

Aerotop

BPU (seen a few single's on here for within price range but don't think I could afford to run one/maintain one so going to steer clear)

Facelift

Hopefully there's something perfect out there.

Also at the moment i'm running a silver 06 plate Hawkeye 2.5 Turbo Impreza WRX and will either need to sell that once i've found a supra I like or park e/x if anyone fancies a change.

Thank you

SPG-26 your car is lovely and if you ever are tempted to sell drop me a PM :)

Chris_K your car is everything I want in a supra right now...wish I could get the extra grand I really do......I REALLY DO!

Guess i'll have to take on a second job and see what luck brings my way!!!

If you struggle with the sale (i'm sure you won't but i'm being cheeky) and you drop the price I want first dibs! (Although yours is easily worth £8,000 and i'm sure you'll get a buyer snapping it up!)

Out of interest what are you looking for, for the scooby?

Mike

Right...i've been out of the Supra game for about 6 months ago and want in again!

I sold my Red NA and want to come back with a bit more power.

So here are the basics...I've got about £7,000 Max so guess i'm looking for an auto but hey never know may get lucky.

Here's a list of must's:

No high mileage (Has to be under 100k preferably lower but hey Supra's aren't spring chickens anymore)

Alloys 18's or over

Here's a wishlist ;)

Really want in black but open to offers if looks nice

Aerotop

BPU (seen a few single's on here for within price range but don't think I could afford to run one/maintain one so going to steer clear)

Facelift

Hopefully there's something perfect out there.

Also at the moment i'm running a silver 06 plate Hawkeye 2.5 Turbo Impreza WRX and will either need to sell that once i've found a supra I like or park e/x if anyone fancies a change.

Thank you

I'm looking for about £7,000.

I paid £8,000 6 months ago and thought i might get a little less but if I drop it to £7,000 it's more likely to sell to be honest.

It's completely standard in "Champagne Grey" (Silver) apart form the HKS SSQV3.

Full leather interior.

SPG-26 - i'll try my hardest :)

Your wish list is quite aspirational. There wasn't a factory facelift aerotop TT for the rhd market, so you're looking at a na conversion, and there weren't too many of those made either.

There have been a couple of conversions on here, but I haven't seen them up for sale.

it is the one i had repaired yes. only cost 1000 for the repair and another 700 or so for the parts.... insurance said it would likely be written off so i didnt bother and had it repaired.

its hpi clear etc. feel free to run a check on it. your welcome to check out the car and call the bodyshop too if you like. anything you want, its good work :) done by a propper bodyshop with a jig etc, not my mate dave and a hammer in a barn :p.

the drivers side chasis leg needed to be pulled back less than and inch but thats it. I freaked out at the time of the accident but once the front of the car was dismantled it wasnt as bad as it looked happily :)

pm me mate for as much info as you like...

Only selling it as i have a 6 speed single now or id have kept it. its been a great car. :)

At 7K, you are into VVTi Tiptronic territory there. I wouldn't let ours go for anything near that but I know some that have.

Ours only 60K on the clock and is in amazing condition hence why I would rather not sell it. I won't find another like this.

H.

Just to add. Every time I mention I'm selling soon or I offer it to someone I get a barrage of pm's...

I love this car. Still do. I would like it to

a) stay in the country if i can although money talks. I'm in no rush to sell.

b) it's not for sale unless I offer it to someone specific or I post a sale thread. there is a reason behind this. I have a load of info on the car and lots of paperwork and pictures and videos etc. I don't want to repeat myself over and over in pm's.

c) the cars previous owner was in the club and took great care of the car. Infact I paid him a visit last year to pick up 2 rear wheels he still had in his garage despite not having a supra for 2-3 years.

My first supra I sold to a guy with not many posts in Scotland who didn't use the forum much. I loved that car too. It was eventually vandalised. Bought by a dealer and sold for a couple of grand more than I sold it for despite being the same car. :(

I dont want that to happen again.

I'm in no rush to sell it so I can afford to be picky at the moment :) so if your not the op on this thread please don't get offended if I don't reply to your pm :)

Guigsy - thank you for the information...I have to say that this is one of the nicest Supra's I have seen in a long time. Also I'm not in a hurry to buy one so not going to be pestering you with questions just yet but thanks for all the information, it's very much appreciated :)

No probes mate. I only need to put a new battery in (already got) and have a leaky pipe replaced then I think short of a refresher service and some new hid bulbs it's ready. Oh and an engine bay wash. It's covered in bodyshop dust! The rims on the wheels need redoing as although they are not badly curbed they are painted not polished, so once you touch them the paint comes off and they look terrible. But I don't know if I can justify the outlay for no return lol

Iv swapped the interior for a black one though (leather uk rears not vinyl, and grey carpet) and the bucket seats out of my single. Looks better now lol wish id done it earlier haha. I was going to take my defi gauges too but can't be bothered now.

First of all can I thank people for the offers they have given me so far…and all the people who have PM’d me, had some great Supra’s offered to me…especially Drift_Bear’s……absolute beauty. I’m still looking at the moment and will be a few weeks before I’m making a decision I think but thanks so far and keep ‘em coming ;)

All I can say is there are some cracking Supra’s about!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.