The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Length of Supra ownership...

Ian C

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be completely wrong, but it's not Chris and Alana is it?

Nah, it was definitely Christian and Jenny I'm sure their surname was Doran.

As Ian says a really nice couple and they had , if I remember rightly a very nice yellow GTR too.

Seeing as how it's all Ian's fault posting this thread that's finally made my mind up, and realising that not everyone might read the Supra classified section regularly, I'm just going to post this here... http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?260850-Black-J-Spec-RZ-6-speed-TT-In-need-of-a-lot-of-work!

I expect lots of insults, comments, comedy photoshop pictures of animals wearing hats etc. :)

Nah, it was definitely Christian and Jenny I'm sure their surname was Doran.

As Ian says a really nice couple and they had , if I remember rightly a very nice yellow GTR too.

That was it, Christian and Jenny Doran. Last time I met them was at one of the first Bluewater meets. and the chap who owned it before I think was a Geordie, big fella with short grey/silver hair. He was mates with that other nice guy who had a purple Supra, who I caught waxing the glass at that first meet at Billings waterpark place. He took it to Islay and Jura, I remember the photos.

I've had my 1994 TT 6 speed since Feb 1998, so I've owned it almost 14 years now and I will probably never sell it as I still love driving it. Cost NZ $36,500 back then as they were very rare in NZ. They tried to sell them new in NZ for NZ $165,000 in 1993, so that price was a bargain. :)

July 2005 - '96 Auto TT. I paid £6350 and sold her two weeks ago for 10K.

I spend a lot on her but not as much people may think.

My Bargain list consists of:

Full Blitz Nur Spec and a decat - £125

6 month old 18" BBS LM with Good tyres - £825

TRD Steering wheel - £50

Genuine TRD Spoiler £75

Bloody miss that car :(

Bought mine June 2011 for £6800 with only 55k miles, then got made redundent a month later.. was spening dole money to take it out once maybe twice a week for a spin.. tax ran out in august so it's been sitting in my garrage ever since. got a new job 6 weeks ago so, i'm just saving up for tax, insurance, a service and a few mods that i have planned! Currently driving my moms Citroen C4 lol

That was, argh, I don't recall yet... Lovely couple, they ran it at TOTB a few times.

I remember the previous owner was called "carpetmain", don't think he was ever that active on the internet though. It was the first big twins car that was really out there. Probably because of this, it had soooo much rubbish written about it in magazines and the like, ludicrous power outputs and nonsense about the stock autobox. It was powerful, yeah, but it wasn't 900bhp :)

It used to run additional injectors pre-throttle body. They paid a fortune in the end for bigger injectors and a 'proper' ecu, and it never ran properly afterwards.

Dammit what was their names >_

Edit - "Christian" springs to mind...

Edit again - Christian and Jenny? Possibly still sporadically active on here? I wonder if they still have the car and how it's running these days?

Still have the J Tuner Issue with Christian Dorrans and possibly your supra in from years ago if you want it?

Was a big 5 page supra thrash etc.

7 years of supra ownership, 5 years with the NA 2 years (nearly) with the TT and cant think of a better car to spend 7 years driving in:).

Paid 4900 for the NA (94) in 2005 with a stupidly small amount of mileage on it which was not correct but it did not change my view on the car.

Paid 8500 for the TT (98) in 2010 with 60K on it

just over 6 years membership and 192 posts:blush:

7 years of supra ownership, 5 years with the NA 2 years (nearly) with the TT and cant think of a better car to spend 7 years driving in:).

Paid 4900 for the NA (94) in 2005 with a stupidly small amount of mileage on it which was not correct but it did not change my view on the car.

Paid 8500 for the TT (98) in 2010 with 60K on it

just over 6 years membership and 192 posts:blush:

Not at all.

If you look at the quality/quantity ratio versus (sorry in advance) Josh or even myself for that matter, you'll score very highly I'd imagine :)

Perhaps I may through up a cheeky graph later to display my findings :D

Not at all.

If you look at the quality/quantity ratio versus (sorry in advance) Josh or even myself for that matter, you'll score very highly I'd imagine :)

Perhaps I may through up a cheeky graph later to display my findings :D

Look forward to seeing that!

Etch-a-sketch is at the ready if needed captain! :salute:

Look forward to seeing that!

Etch-a-sketch is at the ready if needed captain! :salute:

I don't suppose you could combine a graph of quality/quantity with me at least beating Josh in the quality dept?

You may care to crowbar some tasteful pictorial nudity into it too. You know...if you want to.

If you can do this, pm me your address afterwards, and I'll send you a mkivsupras.net special edition 'Double Decker' chocolate bar in recognition of services to Art 'n' Supras

or something. Or other.