The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Length of Supra ownership...

Ian C

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 18k was for an already quite modified car, especially for back then. Had those crazy hybrids on it, Ohlins suspension, Speedline alloys, a big FMIC, induction kit, strut braces, boost controller and that grotty Apexi AFC :) Not a bad deal, only had about 15k on the clock, it's got 82k now.

I thought you might be one of the long termers as well, Peter ;)

Isn't that Paul Waite's old car?

My Supra ownership starts on Saturday :D

1999, for 13K with about 33,000 kms IIRC. Never even test drove it, we only went to look at a replacement Celica. Its now over 230,000kms and still runs as good.

It was incredibly skittish to drive, but in my naivety I thought that was just how "sports cars" were until I went to a meet in Stevenage, I think, and everyone said how low my car was. Turns out some midnight racer had dropped it a good 100mm on some odd springs and it had extreme camber. Very solid round corners but awful to brake from high speed. I raised it with some Eibach lowering springs and got the camber adjusted.

Oi - do you know how long it took for me to shake that nomenclature off? :D

Ahh now, who was that couple, (lovely couple, blonde lady who actually owned the car) who had a highly modifed TT that they bought off another long term member, and it was forever referred to as "his" car, for years after,much to their chagrin?

I seem to recall the original owner / builder having a falling out with either Leon, TDi or maybe even Mycroft and Justin.

I could say the same about you sport :D Still doing good deals on Pirellis? I might actually wear out the last ones you sold me at some point!

Lol, If they last as long as your bulbs you won't be needing a good deal.

Had mine since 97...no wait, that's my Golf. I'll get my coat:blush:

:D How you doing Migs?

Ahh now, who was that couple, (lovely couple, blonde lady who actually owned the car) who had a highly modifed TT that they bought off another long term member, and it was forever referred to as "his" car, for years after,much to their chagrin?

I seem to recall the original owner / builder having a falling out with either Leon, TDi or maybe even Mycroft and Justin.

That was, argh, I don't recall yet... Lovely couple, they ran it at TOTB a few times.

I remember the previous owner was called "carpetmain", don't think he was ever that active on the internet though. It was the first big twins car that was really out there. Probably because of this, it had soooo much rubbish written about it in magazines and the like, ludicrous power outputs and nonsense about the stock autobox. It was powerful, yeah, but it wasn't 900bhp :)

It used to run additional injectors pre-throttle body. They paid a fortune in the end for bigger injectors and a 'proper' ecu, and it never ran properly afterwards.

Dammit what was their names >_

Edit - "Christian" springs to mind...

Edit again - Christian and Jenny? Possibly still sporadically active on here? I wonder if they still have the car and how it's running these days?

That was, argh, I don't recall yet... Lovely couple, they ran it at TOTB a few times.

I remember the previous owner was called "carpetmain", don't think he was ever that active on the internet though. It was the first big twins car that was really out there. Probably because of this, it had soooo much rubbish written about it in magazines and the like, ludicrous power outputs and nonsense about the stock autobox. It was powerful, yeah, but it wasn't 900bhp :)

It used to run additional injectors pre-throttle body. They paid a fortune in the end for bigger injectors and a 'proper' ecu, and it never ran properly afterwards.

Dammit what was their names >_

Edit - "Christian" springs to mind...

Edit again - Christian and Jenny? Possibly still sporadically active on here? I wonder if they still have the car and how it's running these days?

Could be completely wrong, but it's not Chris and Alana is it?

You really had it that long!!!!

Dont ever add up what you spent...ever

I never keep them long, i have not been supra less since i joined here in 07

Red N/A a 1.5 years £2800

Red Uk spec 7 months £4800

Silver aero top rest of the time £1400

:) Yes that long mate. Although it's fair to say half that time it's been in ages being sprayed, modded etc...

The bill for work done thus far would be eye watering for sure and it's still climbing daily!!