The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Length of Supra ownership...

Ian C

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had mine 6 years. Paid £10.5k for it back then.

I have and continue to spend obscene amounts of money on it.

You really had it that long!!!!

Dont ever add up what you spent...ever

I never keep them long, i have not been supra less since i joined here in 07

Red N/A a 1.5 years £2800

Red Uk spec 7 months £4800

Silver aero top rest of the time £1400

Wow, quite a few long termers :thumbs: I think Dnk had one before Toyota R&D did :D

So much for all those old posts about Supra prices being "too low" and "plummeting" :rlol:

Charlie, I remember that mapping session, you were the only person who ever made me feel ill with their driving ;) Remember that motorbiker who fell off at the roundabout?

Wow, quite a few long termers :thumbs: I think Dnk had one before Toyota R&D did :D

So much for all those old posts about Supra prices being "too low" and "plummeting" :rlol:

Charlie, I remember that mapping session, you were the only person who ever made me feel ill with their driving ;) Remember that motorbiker who fell off at the roundabout?

Haha, yep that was surreal!

I couldnt afford £40k for a new one but when one landed at my local dealership i was there like a rat down a drain.

It was just over a year old and i got it for £10k under the new list price with 15k on the clock :)

That was a day and a half when i collected it :ecstatic:

I bet there was only 300-400 in the whole country !

fair play to those that can resist changing!! I've got through 7 in the time of Ian's 1 and have barely touched any of them mod wise, also had an Aristo and a Mk1 Mr2 in between some of them when economics dictated it.

they feel like a second skin these days :)

I too think the prices have held up well, I know inflation makes a difference between £10,000 in 2002 and 2012 but they've done far far better than most cars. I look around at manual tt's now and considering the newer, sporty and badged stuff available in the £10-13K range i'm surprised they are still up around there tbh.

I will confess i've had one side light bulb failure on mine!