The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Length of Supra ownership...

Ian C

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just realised, I've had my MkIV since early 2001 :blink: Getting on for eleven years now!

In all that time, I've never had to change a bulb on it :)

Anyone else stuck to the one car that long or longer?

-Ian

Hey Ian.

Didn't think you still had your Supra mate as I don't see you on here. That's real good going with the bulbs. :thumbs:

Baught my na for 7k, 2k worth of bodykit. Sold it a year and a half later for 5k.

Baught a uk spec for 7.5k will end up selling it for something similar.

Bought an unfinished single for 8k. Who knows what it's worth now.

But with regards to bulbs the only time I have had to replace them was to fit hid's. Never had one just blow

Hey Ian.

Didn't think you still had your Supra mate as I don't see you on here. That's real good going with the bulbs. :thumbs:

I could say the same about you sport :D Still doing good deals on Pirellis? I might actually wear out the last ones you sold me at some point!

The 18k was for an already quite modified car, especially for back then. Had those crazy hybrids on it, Ohlins suspension, Speedline alloys, a big FMIC, induction kit, strut braces, boost controller and that grotty Apexi AFC :) Not a bad deal, only had about 15k on the clock, it's got 82k now.

I thought you might be one of the long termers as well, Peter ;)

I have only had mine for 5 years

Paid £4200 from memory (N/A 5speed nearly stock)

I know I have spent shed loads on it, but I would expect to get that for it now, maybe more if I was patient

Looking at the prices you guys were paying 10 years ago for Supra's with low mileage the depreciation over the years is very minimal

A Supra TT 6 speed with 20k miles would be up around 15k I would guess

Had mine now for almost 7 years now and paid just over 13k for it

I have never replace anything which has failed and never missed a beat...

I normally change my cars every 3/4 years but I still really enjoy the Supra. I do have the odd moment to buy something different but there is not much out there in my price range... maybe a R34 but that's about it but I would miss the Supra to much me thinks