Dragonball 2012 - Rotterdam - Chat thread

Branners

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I decided that perhaps I organised enough already and just let it drop.

ANYBODY can talk to Sky about getting group breakdown cover, doesnt need me to do it.

Don't let go of our hands we can't walk alone :D

On a serious note if people were interested I will talk to Sky. Add yourself to the list, if there is enough interest then I will check it out. Think it would take atleast 10 to make it worth it.

1. Mike (Supramanuk)

Don't let go of our hands we can't walk alone :D

On a serious note if people were interested I will talk to Sky. Add yourself to the list, if there is enough interest then I will check it out. Think it would take atleast 10 to make it worth it.

1. Mike (Supramanuk)

2. DodgyRog

Not sure I can go and ask Sky for anything, it would need guaranteed recovery, that's the bit I am having trouble with the AA about.

May take upto 6 weeks:blahblah: to get the car back to the UK, so my Supra is going to sit dockside for upto 6 weeks, I don't :swear: think so (I take it I can't be reported for using the swear smiley:innocent:)

Don't let go of our hands we can't walk alone

1. Mike (Supramanuk)

2. Rob (trd-rob)

3. DodgyRog

thats better lol

Well no company will do immediate repatriation to the UK, best is 4 weeks which may take longer at peak times. They wait until there is a full transporter before they send it back but if it is cheaper they will pay for you to travel to pick it up earlier.

Well no company will do immediate repatriation to the UK, best is 4 weeks which may take longer at peak times. They wait until there is a full transporter before they send it back but if it is cheaper they will pay for you to travel to pick it up earlier.

The chap last year got his on a trailer, to the ferry port, swapped to an AA trailer and got it home. He was on the M2 as I was driving home. So it can be done.

The chap last year got his on a trailer, to the ferry port, swapped to an AA trailer and got it home. He was on the M2 as I was driving home. So it can be done.

Yeah it seems to be luck of the draw, generally they will bring our type of cars straight back, as they have issues getting them on a transporter anyway, but they won't give any guarantees.

The problem I was having, is if the worst happened and I couldn't get the car back, I am off to Florida, meaning I won't be in the country when they bring it back.

I have thought of a solution, which is to have it taken direct to ShellShocked and they could check if it has been damage during transport, obviously they know my Supra better than me, but I need to check with them if this is something they would be happy to do, as the reasponsibility falls on them a bit

I am sure if the worst happen they would be willing to help, but just think the AA were less than helpful, considering I have had breakdown cover with them for 5 years plus and only called them out once (that was for the Pug last week when the Alternator went) and we also have one car insured through them as well

Anyway on the off chance of needing it, it seems quite a complicated system, especially considering the £80 odd they were quoting

I'll need to double check with my bank as they already cover me under AA, need to check if I have European cover.

Though, get me down for now.

1. Mike (Supramanuk)

2. Rob (trd-rob)

3. DodgyRog

4. Adam (ajlittler)

5. Havard

6. Abz

1. Mike (Supramanuk)

2. Rob (trd-rob)

3. DodgyRog

4. Adam (ajlittler)

5. Havard

6. Abz

8. Guigsy

7. BOB B

I don't mind being number 7.

I would be intrested depending on price, I had full recovery back home cover last year with the AA and it was around £60.