The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2012 - Rotterdam - Chat thread

Branners

I've just had a look at what I wrote down when I first looked and it was £57 (not quite sure where I got £67 from lol)

I'm not a member no, looks like I will be giving them a ring as £40 difference due to putting on my private plate isn't right lol.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Read the T&C's with the RAC. They do not bring your car straight back to the UK. They wait till the Transporter is full and then bring all the cars that have broken down back to the UK.

This can be up to a fortnight for your car to come back.

H.

:D Im with Adrian Flux insurance and offer a breakdown cover including european breakdown with the deal, i think it was something like £50-60 extra but thats for all year and more than one trip abroad

Cheers

-Ian-

Careful mate! The T's &C's may say they take you to the nearest garage.... aboout as much use as a chocolate T pot or a N/A.

On a side note, I have just got a quote with the AA - I am a member on a 94 UK spec for £54.97 - to Netherlands.

Edited by Pig (see edit history)

Right, using the following details on the AA website:

18th - 20th May, Parts and Labour, 2 people traveling, Zone 1, Full cover.

My '93 comes to £100.53 (£62.83 without parts and labour)

Adam, using your new L registration plate I get the same quote as mine above, but using you old M registration plate it comes back as £57.24 (£35.78 without parts and labour) :blink:

Are you an AA member, my quote is for a non member?

Adams quote must be wrong as my 95 M reg come in the same as yours Scott

People need to ckeck as the AA parts and labour won't cover you if your modified. It basically says that if something breaks that is related to non OEM equipment they won't cover it.

This also in their T's and C's

3. Vehicle Specifications

All vehicles must be built to manufacturer’s specifications, display a current tax disc, hold a current MOT certificate (where required), hold appropriate insurance for driving overseas, be in a roadworthy condition at the start of Your Trip and used for private purposes only. In the event of a claim We may require proof of Your Vehicle’s service history.

Edited by Tyson (see edit history)

Read the T&C's with the RAC. They do not bring your car straight back to the UK. They wait till the Transporter is full and then bring all the cars that have broken down back to the UK.

H.

This is the same with the AA as well, looks like its common place for European cover

People need to ckeck as the AA parts and labour won't cover you if your modified. It basically says that if something breaks that is related to non OEM equipment they won't cover it.

When I was on the phone to the AA, they took the manufacturers specs to mean weight, height and wheelbase.

I wasn't asked if the car was modified - only that if it the vehicle was adhereing to the specs above.

When I was on the phone to the AA, they took the manufacturers specs to mean weight, height and wheelbase.

I wasn't asked if the car was modified - only that if it the vehicle was adhereing to the specs above.

That's most people out then with the height and wheelbase then. Infact even some people might get done on weight it they have big wheels and a bodykit. All depends on what kind of tolerance they are willing to accept.

H.

I'm just wondering if they say that just to cover themselves. I'm sure Jeff was with the RAC last year and they took him straight home.

Adams quote must be wrong as my 95 M reg come in the same as yours Scott

Adams M registration is his old plate, he's now running a private L plate, I tried it myself and it defiantly comes in cheaper. It could be a coincidence that it's now registered on another Toyota.

When i got a quote they asked for a list of modification and i gave them the list and the price was as i said earlier.

I'm just wondering if they say that just to cover themselves. I'm sure Jeff was with the RAC last year and they took him straight home.

Adams M registration is his old plate, he's now running a private L plate, I tried it myself and it defiantly comes in cheaper. It could be a coincidence that it's now registered on another Toyota.

I may ring them rather than do it online and explain the situation as I ran the quote orginally when the M reg plate was still on my car and was cheaper than it is will my private reg on. I may be able to get it for the original quote...

...Ever being the optimist :D

Hows the MR2 going?

Very good friend. It really is a lot of fun to drive - even as an NA version as it is so much more "go kart" like than the Supra. I (as in my son) have also bought an accident damaged turbo version and are looking to do a transplant and other trickery prior to Dragonball - funds permitting that is :)

Very good friend. It really is a lot of fun to drive - even as an NA version as it is so much more "go kart" like than the Supra. I (as in my son) have also bought an accident damaged turbo version and are looking to do a transplant and other trickery prior to Dragonball - funds permitting that is :)

Will be watching the thread !! Always loved the MR2 but I might get told off for the thread diversion so back on topic when am I getting my hoody :p

That's most people out then with the height and wheelbase then. Infact even some people might get done on weight it they have big wheels and a bodykit. All depends on what kind of tolerance they are willing to accept.

I have been with AA for about 8 years now, and they are superb in comparison to RAC, Green Flag and the rest.

Pretty much all my cars were modified, the chaps who collected them were fine about it.

My first car was silly slow, but the guy who came collected it was very carefully and didn't complain about it being modified.

Last Supra was a little low, dude collected it and even had planks of wood to get low cars on the trailer, was a true gent.