The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2012 - Rotterdam - Chat thread

Branners

I feel for your lower back pain, I to suffer due to sitting in a Lorry seat for hours on end and then getting out and moving one ton pallets around manually

We bought a new bed at the end of last year and although stupidly expensive ( http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/search.php?searchid=1367854&pp=&page=2 ) in my mind at the time, I have to say it has been worth every penny.

My back is much better now, I only occassionally suffer with it and generally don't have any issue with it when I get up in the morning, just if I have had a long day in the drivers seat or a lot of handball work

In short, we spend a lot of our lives in bed, so we should spend a decent amount on a bed to improve the time we are awake

I was really surprised at the difference having a decent bed has made to my back

Good luck getting some help with yours CJ and hope you can get it sorted in time

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really hoping that this is 'good' pain CJ, As has been said above lack of sleep through pain just impacts to make things feel even worse as you know better than us, I have degenerative disc disease(thats what they like to call it anyway even though it isn't a disease) and am waiting for an 'emergency' mri scan at the moment. I'm lacking sleep at the moment and feel pretty down and irritable. I had an op 5 years ago which in all honesty I wish I hadn't gone through with. I'm pretty sure that they only had a basic set of halfords spanners and pliers when they rummaged away around my spine.

Fingers crossed that they can get the pain under control and you can make dragonball.

Rob

I too may be struggling. Obviously not due to car issues but due to my illness. :(

I have been in severe pain for the last few weeks and I am not able to sleep at night and managing to only grab a few hours here and there during the day.

I have met with the palliative care doctor and he is not convinced it is the cancer and is suggesting it is maybe arthritis and / or disk problems. He has asked the oncologist to organise a bone scan for me and I am going to meet with her tomorrow to discuss what can be done.

As you can see ion another thread I started, I am looking at a new bed or mattress to see if that can help. Now, that obviously wont be of any use in Holland but if it works it will mean I can get some proper sleep before going.

Both my son Joshua and I are gutted over this as we were desperate to recreate past memories and forge new ones. :(

Sorry to hear this CJ, I suffer from quite a bit of back pain & normally have to get the wife to crack my back every couple of days to release the tension. It is the worst type of pain as it is generally very dull & feels like it is within your bone. Admire what you are going through, let's hope it goes away soon on its own accord.

Good advice by Rog as well.

OK, well I'm happy to arrange the M1 convoy, I would usually go A1M but I can sacrifice an additional 10 miles for a convoy.

Anyway as the looks like so:

marc_p - Harrogate(nr Leeds)

Add Heywood - Manchester

SupraManUK - Derby

Havard, Ian Ian, etc - Wigan

Johnny g, paul_t - Liverpool

aj littler - Nottinghamshire

So I propose that we do the following convoy, first stop would be Tibshelf services (M1 between jn 28-29) to meet aj littler and co(would this be ok for you SupraMan? Then continue down to Watford Gap services (jn 16-17 M1) as the Havard and Johnny g crew should be joining the M1 at jn 19. I'll organise a proper thread for this butdoes this seem a good starting point for most? Also, Mr Heywood, your best bet is probably folling havard and Johnny down the M6.

Thought I'd bump this post as its not far off, is everyone still ok with doing what Marc suggested?

Thought I'd bump this post as its not far off, is everyone still ok with doing what Marc suggested?

If my passport arrives back and i can come I'll join. However can you move it from Watford gap to Northampton? It's a pita to get up to Watford gap then back down again when I live right next to Northampton services.

If my passport arrives back and i can come I'll join. However can you move it from Watford gap to Northampton? It's a pita to get up to Watford gap then back down again when I live right next to Northampton services.

There the ones at junction 15A aren't they? Don't see why not as it's a few junctions down :)

Thank you friend .

Don't decry the pain of sciatica. At the end of the day, pain is pain no matter what the cause and line I said earlier, I too don't think this is cancer pain.

Tonight it is both hips. Last night was middle back. Both sets of pain only manifest itself whilst I lie down. I get up and walk about and the hip pain goes - very odd indeed.

When i was a teenager i had an agonising pain in my chest everytime i'd lay down in bed, for a week so i just couldn't sleep at all. I ended up going to the hospital for an X-Ray and it turned out to be air trapped behind my lungs, when i'd lay down at night the air would force my lungs up against my ribs when i breathed. It's horrible not being able to sleep at night so i hope you manage to get something sorted soon CJ. Would be good to see you at Dragonball :thumbs:

Pig;

So far I have:

1. Sat Nav (what do I need) - Preferably one that can accept ITN files, there's a Sat Nav thread knocking about somewhere. Don't install the Speed camera warnings for France though, as they're banned now.

2. Euro pack (What do I need) - You can buy a full pack from Halfords pretty cheap.

3. Dragonball clothing - See the Members section for Club Shop details.

4. AA Cover - Call them up and haggle for cheaper price.

5. Insurance check

Car

1. paint front bumper

2. fit new seats

3. new fuel pump ecu

4. new front tyres

5. fix dash as no speedo etc!

All in 3 weeks and I am going away with work to portugal in the mean time....Holy crap, talk about cutting it fine!

Sounds good Dan, Im sure youll have it done broski! All ive got left to do is fit my EBC and pack (..and clean again). All ready (I think...) CANT WAIT! Lets hope its toasty over in Hooland and France :D

I too may be struggling. Obviously not due to car issues but due to my illness. :(

I have been in severe pain for the last few weeks and I am not able to sleep at night and managing to only grab a few hours here and there during the day.

I have met with the palliative care doctor and he is not convinced it is the cancer and is suggesting it is maybe arthritis and / or disk problems. He has asked the oncologist to organise a bone scan for me and I am going to meet with her tomorrow to discuss what can be done.

As you can see ion another thread I started, I am looking at a new bed or mattress to see if that can help. Now, that obviously wont be of any use in Holland but if it works it will mean I can get some proper sleep before going.

Both my son Joshua and I are gutted over this as we were desperate to recreate past memories and forge new ones. :(

Hope you feel better by next week dude, I cant imagine anything more frustrating than not being able to sleep. It'd drive me insane!

Unfortunately I am definitely out.

Another fairly sleepless night last night and a dozy / sleepy day today has convinced me that for safety's sake if nothing else, I need to cancel.

I am now going to have radiotherapy start in 7-10 days to see if that helps.

To say that josh and I are disappointed would be a huge understatement. We really wanted to do this trip to reinforce the bond that was created all those years ago when we were more active on the car scene. We wanted to relive the fun we shared when we went on the very first dragonball - and now that's out of the window.

I will put the tickets up for sale shortly but don't hold out much hope of selling even though the money raised will be given to Macmillan.

Another fairly sleepless night last night and a dozy / sleepy day today has convinced me that for safety's sake if nothing else, I need to cancel.

To say that josh and I are disappointed would be a huge understatement. We really wanted to do this trip to reinforce the bond that was created all those years ago when we were more active on the car scene. We wanted to relive the fun we shared when we went on the very first dragonball - and now that's out of the window.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3395709

I will put the tickets up for sale shortly but don't hold out much hope of selling even though the money raised will be given to Macmillan.

Must have been a hard decision to make :( hope you get well soon !

Sorry to hear that col, hope your feeling better soon mate!

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

Not a happy day Col. Hope this pain goes away soon, very soon.

Best wishes bud.

Sorry to hear your bad news CJ, shame, but I'm sure when we arrived in Holland we could have easily bought some "Afghan black" and you could have slept through everything.............. Man.