The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2012 - Rotterdam - Chat thread

Branners

OK, well I'm happy to arrange the M1 convoy, I would usually go A1M but I can sacrifice an additional 10 miles for a convoy.

Anyway as the looks like so:

marc_p - Harrogate(nr Leeds)

Add Heywood - Manchester

SupraManUK - Derby

Havard, Ian Ian, etc - Wigan

Johnny g, paul_t - Liverpool

aj littler - Nottinghamshire

So I propose that we do the following convoy, first stop would be Tibshelf services (M1 between jn 28-29) to meet aj littler and co(would this be ok for you SupraMan? Then continue down to Watford Gap services (jn 16-17 M1) as the Havard and Johnny g crew should be joining the M1 at jn 19. I'll organise a proper thread for this butdoes this seem a good starting point for most? Also, Mr Heywood, your best bet is probably folling havard and Johnny down the M6.

Sounds like a plan :thumbs:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I mentioned this before but is there any chance of Sky providing us with a group breakdown cover for this club event? If there is 100% no chance then I will go ahead and make other arrangements.

Do Sky offer breakdown cover? I thought they were just insurance brokers

I'd rather be going to the AA for Breakdown cover. Sky might offer European insurance cover, though ;)

They do and as this is a sanctioned club event surely they would be able to do us a good deal on a group buy type thing.

As long as they do recovery to my house which they do then that is all I really need from them.

They do and as this is a sanctioned club event surely they would be able to do us a good deal on a group buy type thing.

As long as they do recovery to my house which they do then that is all I really need from them.

Can you ask Branners if he can ask Sky as I imagine everyone is going to need it.

Personally I would prefer paying that little bit extra and getting cover from the AA or RAC

They don't cover vehicles over 16 years anyway and my Sup has its 17th Birthday in a couple of weeks. Plus reading there T&C's it doesn't sound that great RAC here I come.

They don't cover vehicles over 16 years anyway and my Sup has its 17th Birthday in a couple of weeks. Plus reading there T&C's it doesn't sound that great RAC here I come.

Really thats not what they told me on the phone to add euro cover to my policy it would only be an extra 40-80 quid depending what option you pick, all include recovery back to the door.

I had AA European cover last year and my car is 19 years old this year, are people sure about this age of vehicle thing? :D

It might need looking into. Last year The AA quoted me way over £100, they said it was due to the age of the car. Either they've reduced their prices or the online quotes aren't right.

I got an online quote from the AA for £67 (inc bringing me back home) and the age of the car was in the quote and mines a '94

Mines a '93 and my quote with the AA is coming in at £100 for the full (get me home to the U.K) monty. Can you pm me your car reg, I just want to try something? I payed £55 with the RAC last year.

Right, using the following details on the AA website:

18th - 20th May, Parts and Labour, 2 people traveling, Zone 1, Full cover.

My '93 comes to £100.53 (£62.83 without parts and labour)

Adam, using your new L registration plate I get the same quote as mine above, but using you old M registration plate it comes back as £57.24 (£35.78 without parts and labour) :blink:

Are you an AA member, my quote is for a non member?

Edited by ScottC (see edit history)