The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Either my Porsche 928 S2 or Golf MK1 GTI Cab

tooquicktostop

Dean, that's a credit to you mate. The missus is going through a car-change mode at the mo so I have suggested a 928 but she's looking at a Fiesta. What do they say about men and woman originating from different planets! LOL

Very different cars, in fact the 928 was voted in a blokes mag as one of the cars most likely to be driven by a man, my missus dislikes it also, I just love the way it looks and drives, and for a car almost 30 years old its incredible

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like the 928.

I remember working as a Kitchen Porter in Amersham General Hospital back in '86, one of the consultants cruising into work in his D reg (iirc) 928.

It was in blue, very nice too.

At the time I was on £1.46 p/h so it was going to take some time to match him :D

Dean can we have a few better pics of the golf with Engine bay plaese, i have a buddy who is interested possibly

Hi

The Golf is in my inlaws garage all tucked up for the winter in Solihull (West Midlands), it is possible for my brother in law to take any pictures you want, I shall have a look for an engine bay pic in my files, if he is really interested I am happy to meet him there any weekend

Hi Dean, I'd have the vette back off you any day of the week if your desperate for space? Hows it been?

Hi Buddy, nice to hear from you

The Vette was 100% after about many £'s and a lot if time, never missed a beat then, I sold it a little while back to one of the traders in my firm, he uses it every day to drive to the office

Aww my heart just sank there :( missed that motor every day since you took it. Anyway doing fine thanks, since then me and the misses have had a wee girl just 13 weeks old now. Got myself a range rover but want something for the weekends so thought I'd see if you still had the vette. Glad to hear its back the way it really should be though. Well if it ever comes up for sale again send a pm my way.

Aww my heart just sank there :( missed that motor every day since you took it. Anyway doing fine thanks, since then me and the misses have had a wee girl just 13 weeks old now. Got myself a range rover but want something for the weekends so thought I'd see if you still had the vette. Glad to hear its back the way it really should be though. Well if it ever comes up for sale again send a pm my way.

Congrats on the baby

The Vette had a full decat, it also had new seals, full wheel refurb, 4 new tyres, £1000 ICE install, new brakes, new brake lines, and tons of servicing, couple of pics here

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, the Supra is almost ready, before I get this on ebay with no reserve where some stranger will win it I am offering the Porsche at £3000, that's daft money for this car but my loss could be your gain

Any inspection welcome, happy for test drives, this car is stunning to drive and I have even just put a brand new battery on it with 3 years warranty

Car is in Purfleet Essex

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.