The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SVM HULK R35 GTR makes 1263bhp & 1090ftlb

JamieP

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good read over at GTROC, you may have upset some of the GTR boys. The styling looks rubbish in my opinion, something a ten year old would draw, the performance sounds very impressive though. Still a big fat taxi next to a Supra in my opinion (even though i have a soft spot for them).

27% is pretty high, but alot of power nonetheless!

They should run it on a Dyno dynamics for a fair comparison against Jurgen's.

I would have thought the torque would be correct though as it is a 4.2

3.4 Supra's make 1000fw tq at around 5-5.5k so a 4.2 should be quicker to reach peak torque if anything.

Summed it up perfectly plus you would expect nissan to of learned a few more things over the years from when toyota rolled out the supra. I like the idea that jamies car is sat out in a garage plotting to kill him some when if he pushes it too hard.

See, that's the difference between Skyline and Supra owners. One set loves the technologically-assisted world of driving quickly everywhere and one loves the raw feel of a car that needs to engage and be driven well to be truly appreciated. Similar to the difference between the MP4-12C and the F458 :)

My mate has a evo and I let him drive my Na and it has made him want a rear wheel drive just for the fun aspect even though his car on corners is pretty amazing/scary anyway plus pretty quick too. I have to hand it to the way they have made the cars and the science/technology behind it, speed ,cornering etc but they are about as different as comparing a laptop and a sledgehammer and the only thing that is similar is the country of origin. That is all in my humble non educated view mind.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...