The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SVM HULK R35 GTR makes 1263bhp & 1090ftlb

JamieP

Just reading about this on the GTROC, Not keen on the styling but I guess its good advertising, making something like 1100ftlb at 4000rpm and 1000bhp at just 4800rpm, crazy stuff, must be insane to drive.

THE RESULT.........

Hulky :D:D

..... from this initial run, "Turbos" are maxing out @6827RPM from yesterdays results....

AS we are running a very different head set-up/ the Jun inlet and our in-house :thumbsup: 70mm throttles, we need to make a few adjustments too keep up air volume and pressure feed correct to the engine unit's build potential,as we have set an agreed (self imposed) engine torque limit of 1000lbsft,

As you can see , the Hulk is keen to flex his muscle @ 1091 lbfts ;), The balance of torque and BHP must be safe,with the 4.2 stroker unit.

We intend now to enlarge both turbo units,to push the power band up another 1500RPM ;) on top of the 6827rpm we are currently measuring at.

This will help two fold, More BHP higher up the RPM scale , also pushing the torque band higher makes for a safer tune, (with these block's)

The mid range boost, is easily achievable, although @6800rpm we hit max power and run out of steam

Hence the decission now to go big lol

We know we can improve so much from this valuable data obtained

Pls see posted graph attached......

This has been, we feel a fantastic result, on mixed race fuel, IMHO, having met our Goal,

"THE MOST POWERFUL R35***8221; in the UK. I Do hope you all agree a fantastic result, and now we will put The ***8220;Hulk***8221; To Further Tasks,Tests & Challenges ....in 2012 :D:D:D

Yes we do want to hold The world record :D:D:D

At present SVM holds records throughout Europe, beating even AMS alpha 12 cars (on the day) our Romanian friends carried out over 200 successful launches this year, Madness and held onto their own records with our 850R++ conversion :) yes beating the big boys !!

They entered 10 events each consisting of 10 races per event Plus testing, a true testament to build quality and strength.

We can all say my ***8220;Bhp***8221; is bigger than yours !, However we are in firm belief, putting our cars to the ultimate test's to move forward with all our dreams as fast as possible and to make these ultimate projects a reality in the UK & Europe.

F-man***8217;s 900R conversion and ran a 9.67 sec'@ Santa Pod earlier in the year,(with 900bhp) we do feel the Hulk has a legitimate fighting chance, with the 1200R project, currently the ***8220;World Record" standing at 8.9sec watch this space I'm sure you agree it***8217;s a step in the Right direction, however I still feel a lot more work is to be done. To move the game Forward, GTX35 units now on their way and maybe try meths? (Not the Drug just in case some of you get confused :p:p) lol

I do feel though that maybe the smaller units, may have an advantage in the real world IMHO.

It is just a balance of the right amount of torque and bhp at the required point in the Rpm range..... Onwards & Upwards as they say LOL

We May not be the Dyno king @1264BHP compared to GT-R***8217;s from the USA, but we will strut our stuff on the black stuff and hopefully show everyone what SVM is all about. Part of the package, to deliver usable power from standstill to 200+mph !

It may be prudent to try Him on the "Drag strip" before we again take the engine out! and then make that decision.

(Due to Xmas/ New year Break, the constant rain we have had hindering the mapping due to constantly loosing traction even in 6th Gear lol (John***8217;s been through some pants as a passenger ...lololol)

I sincerely hope we have your support, and we provide to continue Developing this wonderful marque :thumbsup:

We have great support from UK manufactures and obviously Cobb and our good friend Benji from GTC who took the Rains of the Hulk.

Sorry no video or pic***8217;s today, We have promised exclusive editorial to a magazine,

On a final note I do hope you have a enjoyable New Year, and SVM would once again like to thank everyone for there comments good or bad they are all noted and we try and please all, (Not always possible lol)

Kindest regards and have a great New years !!!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their was a GTR in that pic? :D

Tunable, but not really a reliable high powered car though?

I've been on GTROC as I always have a (wet) dream of owning a R35 one day and I think the earlier revisions do suffer some some gearbox and minor electrical gremlins but apparently this gets improved/fixed for MY10 onwards.

I have always wished Mr T would resurrect the Supra as I think it will be a really good contender. As lovely as the Sup is given a choice of the two I am afraid atm I will sway towards the GTR

:taped:

i got banned from his thread lol ;-)

he said he would have the results on the 28th but the car was dynoed the day before once graph was up.

seems odd like...he already knew result and then was posting away saying tomorrow is dyno day.

it reads awfully high.. mine was 400ftlb at 4k AMS and SPE are at 550 600 ish on their 1400bhp + cars but this one is over 1000,.

Yep, not long till you get banned :D

He dont give up does he :D i cant be arsed any more as he just keeps saying the same thing, the run down correction factors like on a dastek can be fudged just by holding the handbrake on a notch or two or putting the air temp probe in a cup of warm water ive read, either way 27% sounds a lot to me but if they are happy thats cool.

They sent a messenger into each others village with a drawn up battleplan sounded a horn, sacrificed a pig and all is well in narnia again until the showdown.

I liked this comment about jamie's car - Yeah but its a Supra,so you spend most of the time wheel spinning like "Smokey and the bandit"

I thought most of your video's showed you moving in the forward direction quite quickly or am I mistaken.