The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Driving a "better" car than your boss...thoughts?

jonathanc

Funny you should bring this up, I sometimes get comments from the lawyers when we have our london league matches. I tend to drive my car at the weekends only but when we have matches at certain grounds then I prefer to take the Supra. They all think it is a flashy motor & joke about here comes Aguero (Man City Footballer) as apparently I look a bit like him. :D

My boss drives a MG Midget! :D

Though he does have an 7 bedroom house over looking the coast! Lucky bugger!

Don't worry about it Jono! For all you know the Boss thinks you are a hard worker!

Well the main reason I've raised this topic is purely because it is impossible for me to ask this around the office and asking the missus doesn't help (she wants me to sell my car and get an Aygo) so best place of course is the MKIV OT forum!

I sincerely hope he doesn't mind and so far he seems cool about it although I've heard from another boss "joking" about when will I get my Fezza...

Thanks for all the honest input though guys ;)

Why would you hold yourself back because of what he might think? We have no way of knowing how he'll react. Where I work I always get comments about my cars (always positive) and we have a few hundred people here, the senior management though go for 'sensible' company cars, except one who has a boat, porsche, the new BMW sports bike, a 4x4...not many can compete with him.

Get the car you want for you, revel in the attention if you like it and ignore the haters. can't see how it would impact your career and if it would, would you really want to work for someone that petty.

Why would you hold yourself back because of what he might think? We have no way of knowing how he'll react. Where I work I always get comments about my cars (always positive) and we have a few hundred people here, the senior management though go for 'sensible' company cars, except one who has a boat, porsche, the new BMW sports bike, a 4x4...not many can compete with him.

Get the car you want for you, revel in the attention if you like it and ignore the haters. can't see how it would impact your career and if it would, would you really want to work for someone that petty.

Well said mate :) Tbh the comment(s) I've heard is from colleagues mostly not him but it did made me think. I like cars and honestly I never get a car to show off - I get them because I like to drive them :D

I've got the X6 for work, but I'm the owner, so ...

Just reading a thread on PH about what clarkson said :D

"Jesus Wept. A car you need even less than an X5, but have to pay more for it. A lifestyle statement for fat, unhappy, undersexed overpaid knuckledraggers. Spend £20k on a decent German hatchback and the £25k you've just saved on the therapy a prospective X6 owner definetly needs"

totally depends on the boss tbh, i remember turning up in my carrera C4S a couple of years ago when i just got it, to say there were questions asked was an understatement!!

he was ok with supra as he has seen them in the autotrader for 2K but the porsche was another matter! my new Tag went down well too! lol

I like them myself, out of my price range though tbh, I want a newer car but will most likely just get another X5 as its a good car for me.

If you want a 4x4 I would recommend a supercharged RR mate. Those are beasts and do fairly well off road too (with correct tyres :p). Althought I wouldn't recommend buying new though due to depreciation.