The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clifford alarm, good but complicated.

jazz1

Ok so the other night my car alarm went of around 4 am, I woke up disturbed and deactivated the alarm. I Checked out of my window and nothing seemed to have set it off, so I reactived the alarm from the key fob and went back to bed. One minute later I hear two chirps and then the alarm went of again so I deactivated the whole thing. In the morning I took the car out of the carcoon and the battery was completely dead, but the downstairs small window was left open by my mum(not good). So either someone tried coming in and the alarm went off, or it was the alarm, so I jumped started the car today hoping my alarm sensors are not messed up and I have proximity sensors aswell. Anyways before jump starting the car same problem after alarming the alarm, it kept going off. Anyways I recharged the battery and reactivated the alarm, all seems good now, does anyone know if it could be the emergency battery warning me that the alarm is losing power to function? Or could it have been activated by someone?

Ok so the other night my car alarm went of around 4 am, I woke up disturbed and deactivated the alarm. I Checked out of my window and nothing seemed to have set it off, so I reactived the alarm from the key fob and went back to bed. One minute later I hear two chirps and then the alarm went of again so I deactivated the whole thing. In the morning I took the car out of the carcoon and the battery was completely dead, but the downstairs small window was left open by my mum(not good). So either someone tried coming in and the alarm went off, or it was the alarm, so I jumped started the car today hoping my alarm sensors are not messed up and I have proximity sensors aswell. Anyways before jump starting the car same problem after alarming the alarm, it kept going off. Anyways I recharged the battery and reactivated the alarm, all seems good now, does anyone know if it could be the emergency battery warning me that the alarm is losing power to function? Or could it have been activated by someone?

Yeah don't worry it's just because your battery was low. My clifford will also sound (after approx 5 mins) if you leave the interior light on.

• 1 month later...

Mine turned out to be the battery I think and I beleive when the emergency reserves run low and it being constantly chirped by the wind etc the alarm goes off to warn you it is left on emergency or something. I jumped started the car and everything was fine after the battery was powered up :).