The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Telly Gone Poop! - LED TV Recommendations Please

Abz

The one you are looking at Abz only has a 50hz refresh rate, if you are going to be watching anything that moves fast there will be signs of bluring or if really bad it will stutter

As I have said, it depends what you want from the Tv, looking nice when it's off or excellent picture quality

It's difficult to find both when your on a tight budget

Totally agree Rog, difficult to achieve both on a tight budget, luckily the living room TV doesn't get used much.

Thank you all for the pictures & recommendations, really appriciate it guys :)

As mentioned, hopefully this thread will be useful for others too.

I picked up a TV, slightly over what I budgeted for.

Paid £649 for a 40" Samsung LED 3D TV, managed to get 4 active 3D glasses too!

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-ue40d6530-40-full-hd-led-3d-tv-10149160-pdt.html

Pretty happy with the purchase, a mid range TV packed full of features for a great price.

I'll report later once I unpack it! :)

Nice Telly Abz! I just bought the Samsung 40" non 3D Love the Smart TV! Is yours 400hz? Anyone thats thinking of buying the UE40D5520 like I did make sure you buy it from Comet, because the one from comet has an ® on the end of the product code meaning its 100hz rather than 50hz from every where else and exactly the same price, not sure why but it is?

Currys

Comet

Nice Telly Abz! I just bought the Samsung 40" non 3D Love the Smart TV! Is yours 400hz? Anyone thats thinking of buying the UE40D5520 like I did make sure you buy it from Comet, because the one from comet has an ® on the end of the product code meaning its 100hz rather than 50hz from every where else and exactly the same price, not sure why but it is?

Currys

Comet

Thanks dude! Yep 400hz.

Good spot that! I nearly brought the non 3D one, infact I went in on the intention of not buying a 3D one. This one looked lovely & like you said that the smart TV so it is hooked up wirelessly to play iPlayer & so forth, quite impressed so far!

Not seen you for ages man, where you been hiding?!

I dont usually have anything intelligent to say so I just read, lol. I'm always on here though, need to get to another meet soon though! Did you buy the samsung dongle to go wireless? Also the tv's seem to be cheaper with the smart tv addition for some reason? I kind of wished I went that little bit extra and got the same one as yours for the extra 300hz. Good price for that!

I dont usually have anything intelligent to say so I just read, lol. I'm always on here though, need to get to another meet soon though! Did you buy the samsung dongle to go wireless? Also the tv's seem to be cheaper with the smart tv addition for some reason? I kind of wished I went that little bit extra and got the same one as yours for the extra 300hz. Good price for that!

Defo got to make the next meet, even if it is freezing! :D

This has got wireless built in, one of the reasons why I went for it in the end. The other ones needed an extra dongle which cost £50 or you could plug a LAN cable straight in.

I found all the smart tv's cost more, I only went for it as I rarely watch telly but sometimes like to catch up on iPlayer like David Attenbrough's recent frozen planet documentary. Discovered this morning if you plug in a USB stick with an .avi movie file it plays it direct!!!

Currys

Comet

Just reserved myself one of those from Comet. Fingers crossed, first TV I've bought for years!! :D