The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Telly Gone Poop! - LED TV Recommendations Please

Abz

Well trusty old rear projector telly has spat out it's dummy (chose the perfect day too!).

It is the living room TV and to be honest I hardly use it and it was due a replacement a few years back.

Don't have a big budget, let's say £600. Size wise ideally looking for a 46", don't really want bigger than that.

Now where can I get a bargain LED TV? :)

I got the Samsung 40" LED from Curries when they were doing a sale for about £480. The main reason I bought it to be honest is that of all the LED TV's Samsung seem to do the slimmest which really appealed to me. Really lovely design and the picture is stunning.

http://products.pricerunner.co.uk/results/product?pid=2703488&cateid=2&q=ue40c6530+40

Panasonic FTW. I recently got a 37" Toshiba and I have been disappointed with the picture and there is an intermittent fault with the sound. Shame, as our previous projection TV lasted 16 years without a fault.

We have a 6 year old Panasonic 37" in the living room on the wall and it has never let us down. Picture is stunning too for a plasma.

H.

Yeah they are, but I don't think the 800hz versions are available in the £600 budget range yet

I dont know what Hz mine is but it was on special for £500 last boxing day and it has got ZERO blur on fast moving stuff, although i dont watch football but i do watch motorsport on it. My dads 47" toshiba LCD has blur on fast moving stuff and its picture quality degraded within a year and it also started getting a dark blotch across the right handside of the screen once warmed up, like a dark cloud over the screen. Would never buy a toshiba again for that reason as it was 1600quid new.

I dont know what Hz mine is but it was on special for £500 last boxing day and it has got ZERO blur on fast moving stuff, although i dont watch football but i do watch motorsport on it. My dads 47" toshiba LCD has blur on fast moving stuff and its picture quality degraded within a year and it also started getting a dark blotch across the right handside of the screen once warmed up, like a dark cloud over the screen. Would never buy a toshiba again for that reason as it was 1600quid new.

With the sales on it's the perfect time to be looking, but when your looking for a budget option, it's sometimes better to go for older Tech, that way you still get a high spec

50" Panasonic Plasma

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/panasonic-viera-tx-p50u30b-50-full-hd-plasma-tv-09949643-pdt.html

Panasonics are not the best looking Tv's, but there picture quality is excellent

Knew I should pop my head in here because I top am after a new telly.

40" or 42" and full HD are all I know I want. The rest I'm clueless about!!

My budget is only £400 though :(

Can anyone recommend particular a offer or tv within my price bracket? (Or alternatively which to avoid!)

i wouldnt go with other peoples opinions because some people prefer different things

with 3d tvs some people see different things better, some like passive and some prefer active shutter

i would go into a big store and check all the different ones in your price range

test them all with the 3d glasses (if your looking for 3d) and then when you find one you like check on the net to see what the input lag is like

some tv's have bad input lag

when i first bought my 47" lg it had terrible gaming lag. not really noticeable unless you were playing a game like call of duty , but its there.

i dont mean lag like jumping around the screen i mean like a slight delay, and is really unplayable

also the lip sync would be out, this is even when using an optical cable and 3dhdmi cable.

theres been an update now to fix it but its been atleast 5 months (probably longer) for the fix to come out because all the updates did were decrease the input lag and it never solved then problem untill now.

when you pay £1799 for a tv you dont expect this and i didnt know about input lag at the time

so when you find one you like always check the reviews

i carnt fault my tv now tho, the 3d is amazing and things actually come out the screen right infront of your face

looks really good too not blurry like some

If you are looking at LED because it is a thin TV make sure you check how the plugs go in the back, no good having a thin screen if the leads come straight out the back, when I was looking the ONLY make to have side exit leads was Sony which are big £££ I found a tv with side exit and bought it, the pic is perfect and it is so slim, looking at it I reckon it is a rebranded Sony, you can buy them on line, its called Haer. Mine was £300 for a 40" LED

Gents!

Thank you all for the replies! Telly has come back to life but I am still looking to replace it.

Went to Westfields this morning & they giving good offers at Currys.

£399 for a 40" Samsung LED TV. After seeing them in store 40" will more than enough!

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/latest_tv_offers-762-commercial.html?intcmp=currys_hp_w35_save_200_large_screen

LED is the latest screen technology, has a higher screen resolution, less lag, lower power consumption & obviously a lot thinner.

i think led tvs lately have more lag tbh

never had a problem in the past until i turned to led tvs

i know the model above which is UE40C6000 suffers with lag but carnt find anything on the tv model you said so should be fine

normally if people have problems they show up in google when you put the model number in and input lag and nothings really coming up that i can see :)

seems a nice priced tv

If you are looking at LED because it is a thin TV make sure you check how the plugs go in the back, no good having a thin screen if the leads come straight out the back, when I was looking the ONLY make to have side exit leads was Sony which are big £££ I found a tv with side exit and bought it, the pic is perfect and it is so slim, looking at it I reckon it is a rebranded Sony, you can buy them on line, its called Haer. Mine was £300 for a 40" LED

My 46" Samsung was £1600 6 months ago, and has only side and bottom exits. It's still well worth making a recess in the wall for cables though.

Abz, be sure to check out Samsung (& Panny) prices at Amazon and Richer Sounds.

This year I bought a 42" Plasma and 32" LED - both Samsung and both look great.

The Plasma was £329 from Richer Sounds and the LED was £299 from Amazon (although my LED is a bit smaller than what you'd like).

Gents!

Thank you all for the replies! Telly has come back to life but I am still looking to replace it.

Went to Westfields this morning & they giving good offers at Currys.

£399 for a 40" Samsung LED TV. After seeing them in store 40" will more than enough!

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/latest_tv_offers-762-commercial.html?intcmp=currys_hp_w35_save_200_large_screen

LED is the latest screen technology, has a higher screen resolution, less lag, lower power consumption & obviously a lot thinner.

The one you are looking at Abz only has a 50hz refresh rate, if you are going to be watching anything that moves fast there will be signs of bluring or if really bad it will stutter

As I have said, it depends what you want from the Tv, looking nice when it's off or excellent picture quality

It's difficult to find both when your on a tight budget