The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which car would you choose and why

tooquicktostop

I'd dump the Bentley as it won't feel as special as a weekend-only car. Of the Ferraris I'd have the 355... it's still one of the best unadulterated chassis' out there and will make you smile every time you drive it.

The Supra is the cheapest to run, but also has the capacity to be the fastest by a mile... but then without the grin factor of a nice Fezza V8.

Would you take any other suggestions?

Find a good 355 and have a go.

Yeah that, though the 355's reliablity aren't exactly high, be prepared to dig deep if anything goes wrong.

For me it depends, ditch the Bentley as Gaz rightly said as a weekend car it won't feel special.

Again as Gaz mentioned the F355 was the begining of the fantastic chassis's Ferrari built. Pretty sure they used it as a template for the 360 then the 430 and now the 458. It was quite a change from the 348 so that might be a better option on a driveability front.

Though the real question Dean is, do you want a weekend toy to thrash & have fun or one which will merely come out once in a while?

If I was looking for "poseability" then I would rule out the Supra. My reason being that unless people are in the know, you are riding round on an old Toyota - not exactly a wow factor.

For me it would have to be the 355 as that would get my head turning. Mind you, as you know, I'm a huge fan of the bentley and think that the VFM at £15k is amazing.

Definitly the single supra with 6spd. altough mine would cost around the 20000 - 25000 ballpark, whole different ball game...

3 things:

- Quality

- Performance

- Luxury (compared to those silly red F worded thingies)

- Looks (i mean come on, we man like roundings :innocent:)

20-25000 for yours, are you having a laugh, were do you get that valuation from with your spec

355's are not all they are cracked up to be, only bpu supra speed and look very dated these days, stuart had one for a couple of years back in 2005, 30k budget and want something that turns a few heads id go for manual porsche 996 turbo, i think they are on the floor price wise, cant see a decent one getting any lower and could well go up in value in a few years.

I'd also be looking at Aston DB7s. Still easily one of the best looking cars of all time, and actually look nicer than the DB9, V8 et al as they all look the same. Running costs should be a cheaper than the F355 (though still expensive)

An early i6 DB7 with a 2JZ would be fantastic :cool:

Dean, I know you just wanted opinions on the car you have listed, but what if I suggested to you a car with the have the luxury of a Bentley with the speed of the Ferrari within the same price bracket too (well maybe slightly higher).

I present you the GT

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3401794.htm

It is such an amazing car to drive, you get best of both worlds. :)

355's are not all they are cracked up to be, only bpu supra speed and look very dated these days, stuart had one for a couple of years back in 2005, 30k budget and want something that turns a few heads id go for manual porsche 996 turbo, i think they are on the floor price wise, cant see a decent one getting any lower and could well go up in value in a few years.

Its one of the reasons I have not done it already, it does not actually make sense, not many of my past cars ever did though to be honest ! Its about owning a Ferrari if I am honest

The Bentley is absolutely stunning to drive, takes 4 adults to the golf club in style with the clubs and my missus loves it to, she thinks the Ferrari is making up for something else, surprised she remembers !!

Not the 348.

Even though my Supe is only worth £5.50, I was always think the 348 is a poor man's Fezzer, even a wannabe 512TR perhaps?

For me, Style wise not the Bentley - bit it may just be the thing for you :)

After my BPU Supe, I found the 355 not that exciting to drive, but it is a pretty car.

That just leaves the Single Turbo. Didn't you have that nice nice black one? Do you want to go back there? :)

Not the 348.

Even though my Supe is only worth £5.50, I was always think the 348 is a poor man's Fezzer, even a wannabe 512TR perhaps?

For me, Style wise not the Bentley - bit it may just be the thing for you :)

After my BPU Supe, I found the 355 not that exciting to drive, but it is a pretty car.

That just leaves the Single Turbo. Didn't you have that nice nice black one? Do you want to go back there? :)

I have had 7 Supras now, 2 singles, I have also had a single R32 GTR so I fully get the power thing, perhaps its age (Just turned 40) and the change possibly needed from raw power to pose/luxury

I have soft spot for the 308 and 348 but know they are not reliable, and unreliable Ferrari means big bucks

I still miss the power of a Single Supra but it is an old car now and as much fun as I had in them I dont value them quite as high as the owners selling them !!