The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Christmas Bonus

SupraStar 3000

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have got some good photos of Buncefield when it went up then? Mind you, it was on a Sunday but burned for a week or more. I got a few from the factory roof as we boarded up the windows. Might post them up in the new year.

Funnily enough I didn't take pics, I live just outside the Industrial area right on the edge of the exclusion zone they put in for days after.

When it went off at 6am it was huge, the house shook like an earthquake. No damage to house luckily, the firm i was working for was wrecked though as it was a few hundred yards from the oil depot, would have most likely have been killed and lost family and friends too had it been on a weekday.

What factory roof was you on then, Lucas?

Funnily enough I didn't take pics, I live just outside the Industrial area right on the edge of the exclusion zone they put in for days after.

When it went off at 6am it was huge, the house shook like an earthquake. No damage to house luckily, the firm i was working for was wrecked though as it was a few hundred yards from the oil depot, would have most likely have been killed and lost family and friends too had it been on a weekday.

What factory roof was you on then, Lucas?

Europa Shopfitting, Maxted Road. We're about 100 yards away from the depot. The office staff all moved straight into a centrally heated barn conversion for a year while us joiners had to stay and work in broken glass and clear the place up. We even had to board up next door for them. Then we just carried on working in the condemned building. There was broken glass literally everywhere inside and I even got moaned at for sweeping up and not getting on with the job I was working on.

Eventually, we moved to an asbestos roofed tractor shed on a farm for a year, complete with massive diesel patch in the middle of the floor and no proper heating.

The senior Director had flyers printed with a photo of the office staff all gathered infront of the new barn, in a three deep choir formation, some kneeling at the front etc. all waving, and a caption saying, "We beat the Buncefield Blast!" :D

Talk about them and us! :blink:

To steer this back toward bonuses a little, he made a rare visit to the shed to congratulate us on being praised for the best joinery by one of the main contractors, stressing how very unusual this kind of praise was and brought a small box of Tesco cream cakes that he probably didn't even buy. I asked if this meant that we might get a decent pay rise now and he said we were lucky to get one atall. He was right, since we haven't had one!

Reading this thread makes me realise just how lucky I am. One of my Engineers who has not performed too well during the past 12 months had his bonus throttled right back and he still had 1200 quid (gross), brace of pheasant, drinks and canapes at Leighton

house and a day off as a bonus. But on the other hand we work our butts off at times and never know where we will be working from one day to the next for most of the time, meaning we have to cancel hols, miss family stuff and in my case miss suprapod for a couple of years. Wish everyone a prosperous 2012 and hope it looks up for anyone feeling the pinch. Ed, I have a red leather chesterfield style 3 seater in ok knick up for grabs foc in the new year if you want it.

Reading this thread makes me realise just how lucky I am. One of my Engineers who has not performed too well during the past 12 months had his bonus throttled right back and he still had 1200 quid (gross), brace of pheasant, drinks and canapes at Leighton house and a day off as a bonus.

But on the other hand we work our butts off at times and never know where we will be working from one day to the next for most of the time, meaning we have to cancel hols, miss family stuff and in my case miss suprapod for a couple of years. Wish everyone a prosperous 2012 and hope it looks up for anyone feeling the pinch. Ed, I have a red leather chesterfield style 3 seater in ok knick up for grabs foc in the new year if you want it.

Edit, oh don't know how I managed to duplicate this, sorry.

I got a comedy 0.33% bonus :)

But the clue is in the word - it's a bonus, not a guarantee. So I could be angry, but instead I choose to think of it as a free tank of fuel for the Supra out of the blue :thumbs: Times are tight all around, I'm glad I've got a job and I'm in a fortunate position compared to a lot of people :)

Well, I say that, but I am on shift today and tomorrow :cry:

-Ian

REd, I have a red leather chesterfield style 3 seater in ok knick up for grabs foc in the new year if you want it.

What a truly nice gesture, and on Christmas eve too. My girlfriend and I, are totaled amazed Shane. Thank you so much.

If you're sure you dont want to throw it on ebay for a few quid or offer to a family member or friend and its not putting you to any trouble i'd be very interested mate. What colour (like it makes a difference lol) Thank you for your generosity, even the offer alone means a lot to me.

Happy Christmas Shane :) You are a star

No prob and guess you are not too far from us either. Its red mate, it's not a real Chesterfield, just a pretend one. We are going out in the new year to find something to replace it with that will match our room and rest of our furniture, will pm you.

Looks very much like this: http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjl2gNF1biZR_SdaWjLizVGD2WUBHgoj8Zuq9xSm5hXl7JD9CF

Post of the year! :D

Edit......Whoa! You bought the carbon wrapped V8! I was seriously considering that! :)

Did you buy it with your CHRISTMAS BONUS? (see what I did there to bring it back on topic? Huh? Huh?)

Um, you could say if I get the same bonus every year it will take another 39 Christmases to cover the Supra purchase. :faint: