Christmas Bonus

SupraStar 3000

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonus? What's a bonus? :blink:

What's a pay rise? :search:

Ah silly me, I work in the public sector, so I'll just wait till I'm 67 and languish in my 'enormous' and 'gold-plated' public sector pension. :hide:

Although I'm not sure how that'll put food on the table in the new year. :banghead:

:D

It must differ from area to area, my friend this year has won a dinner cruise on the thames for 2. A HR boss got a week's cruise in the meds!

Bonus? What's a bonus? :blink:

What's a pay rise? :search:

Ah silly me, I work in the public sector, so I'll just wait till I'm 67 and languish in my 'enormous' and 'gold-plated' public sector pension. :hide:

Although I'm not sure how that'll put food on the table in the new year. :banghead:

You should be taken outside and shot in front of your family!:D

Always Pearl mate.

After awhile they tend to get matted in my chest hair though. :(

Ain't that the pits?

Oh yeah, I just got a bottle of Southern Comfort today and I don't even drink. I might just have a pint though, to see if I get tipsy!

What's your idea of 'Southern Comfort' Ed?

On second thoughts.......

£100 extra this month, before tax. January is meant to be the yearly personal performance bonus for us. No idea how much it could be. Last year I spent a total of 5 months looking for work as made redundant on return from Christmas and a 6 month contract at the best company I've ever worked for couldn't be extended and they couldn't afford to keep us before the product shipped.

Sofa from DFS? Just take the back seats out of the Supra and prop them up in your living room. Not much good for anything else :)

Sofa from DFS? Just take the back seats out of the Supra and prop them up in your living room. Not much good for anything else :)

Post of the year! :D

Edit......Whoa! You bought the carbon wrapped V8! I was seriously considering that! :)

Did you buy it with your CHRISTMAS BONUS? (see what I did there to bring it back on topic? Huh? Huh?)

Any bonus is a bonus and it's a shame something that should be a positive thing has been turned into a negative by poor management in Eds case. He shouldn't have been told an amount if it wasn't guaranteed. I never do that with my guys, instead advising there should be a bonus based on the company and your performance but I cannot say what it will be until payment time.

I'm lucky and have a bonus payable quarterly over the year, but then the company made a big improvement in profits last year.

I get quarterly bonuses too, nothing for Christmas though. Not too bothered really, they paid for a Chrimbo lunch and a couple of beers so that'll do me.

Gone are the days of big bonuses, a company I worked for years back we got a months extra salary for christmas and an easter payment of two weeks pay, worked there for years but they finally closed the site so that all came to and end along with my job...lol

Gone are the days of big bonuses, a company I worked for years back we got a months extra salary for christmas and an easter payment of two weeks pay, worked there for years but they finally closed the site so that all came to and end along with my job...lol

Was that Lucas Aerospace by any chance, on Maylands Avenue? The site is still bare concrete even now. I used to be a member of Esporta and you can see the massive factory base out the back of the carpark. My best mate's sister used to work there until it closed. Karen Milnthorpe.

Was that Lucas Aerospace by any chance, on Maylands Avenue? The site is still bare concrete even now. I used to be a member of Esporta and you can see the massive factory base out the back of the carpark. My best mate's sister used to work there until it closed. Karen Milnthorpe.

No mate, it was a Dutch Aluminium company, decent employer.

I have many mates that worked for Lucas, as you say it's now bare concrete, I look over it and Esporta (now Virgin Active) daily from my office/lab at BSI :)

No mate, it was a Dutch Aluminium company, decent employer.

I have many mates that worked for Lucas, as you say it's now bare concrete, I look over it and Esporta (now Virgin Active) daily from my office/lab at BSI :)

You must have got some good photos of Buncefield when it went up then? Mind you, it was on a Sunday but burned for a week or more. I got a few from the factory roof as we boarded up the windows. Might post them up in the new year.