The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Christmas Bonus

SupraStar 3000

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be lucky to see a bonus this year, if i do it will probably be £50. Haven't had a pay rise in nearly 5 years now which is lovely, considering the boss is spending tens of thousands on doing the building up which doesn't need doing imo. Time to have a word!

lol true :)

However, there are some IT providers charging through the roof for even a simple support call but luckily with this climate most have seen the light.

When it is bespoke software then I agree they do take the mickey but like you said with more vendors around less it doesn't happen as much. :)

We don't get a Christmas bonus. We usually get a box of 6 cheap Australian wines and a meal at a local hotel. The same one every year for 9 years. This year there's no wine so I can't even make a tenner by selling it to one of my workmates. I've been promising it to Martin in transport all year! :D

I've been with the same Joinery for 10 years and no-one's had a raise for 4 years except one contract manager who changed positions. The previous workshop manager told me that the Directors had gone backwards with the wages 10 years ago and they haven't improved much since. Some of the older guys were on more money in the 80's than they are now.

Even the main Contractors are going bust and we're having to ask the clients for the money directly or we wouldn't get paid. Like many people, I'm just thankful to have a job with overtime at the moment, as without it, the mortgage goes backwards.

Happy Christmas! :D

K5nOFtAfPNo

I can quickly see this thread going downhill!

Whatever makes you say that? :D

Speaking of threads, what are they all for; I mean, does someone's mum knit them all together into a wooly jumper every year or what?

Perhaps we could make some scatter cushions or a giant beanbag for Ed to sit on?