The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Facelift Headlights Fogging Up, Not Happy..!!

Havard

I found the best solution is to leave the car in the garage unless its sunny. Mine only steam up if I drive the car in the rain, I got so sick of taking them out and using a hair dryer on them every time I used the car that I only use it on dry days now.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this happen a lot to facelift headlights?

Not as far as I know. My old NA was a facelift and that never had any problems. The original lights on this TT were ok but the chrome rings had gone.

I have a car here with facelift new headlights and the nearside one is fogged up...

Shame if it had been the drivers side we could have done a swap..!!

I found the best solution is to leave the car in the garage unless its sunny. Mine only steam up if I drive the car in the rain, I got so sick of taking them out and using a hair dryer on them every time I used the car that I only use it on dry days now.

I don't have a garage. Are your lights new or have they been on the car for a while?

Mine don't steam up. Car is parked outside all the time.

Nether do the ones on my uk. But they are brand new...

Facelift or glass Guigs? It only seems to be the facelifts thay have a problem. My nearside light now has a stain inside due to the condensation.

I don't have a garage. Are your lights new or have they been on the car for a while?

They have been on since I bought the car, i'm in the middle of refurbing a second set of facelifts at the moment, i've removed all the old sealant and going to re-seal them with windscreen sealant, hopefully they'll be better.

It is your cover like it or not, either invest in a carcoon(I had no problems), or carry on with your cover. My lights were also new and did the same under my storm force cover.

Jazz, did you read any of my posts today? The cover has been off for a month and they have gone cloudy since. It hasn't rained a great deal either, over the last week when it has mainly been dry but cold at night is where the problem seems to be.

Facelift or glass Guigs? It only seems to be the facelifts thay have a problem. My nearside light now has a stain inside due to the condensation.

Both. i have 2 cars :p

Glass lights on the uk. plastic Facelifts on my jspec.

I had a light go misty on my uk ages ago and replaced it then never had an issue.

Problem is once condensation condenses and pools in a puddle under the insert (can't see it but remove headlamp and tilt and it will run out the rear breather) unless you drain this and dry out the headlamp, then let it cool in a dry atmosphere the fog will return every time the (greenhouse) enclosure warms up a little an the pool of water evaporates and condenses on the inner of the lense

Jazz, did you read any of my posts today? The cover has been off for a month and they have gone cloudy since. It hasn't rained a great deal either, over the last week when it has mainly been dry but cold at night is where the problem seems to be.

My bad, from my beleif they are prone to that as mine did the same, since having my carcoon system it's circulates the condensation out leaving all my car free from moist.

My bad, from my beleif they are prone to that as mine did the same, since having my carcoon system it's circulates the condensation out leaving all my car free from moist.

"Todays post by Jazz1 has been brought to you by Carcoon systems". You make me smile mate..!!

bit off topic but did anybody have issues with them blistering in the Sun? Paint inside the light

No, not at all.

Hmmm, found a little condensation in mine today after a drive in the wet…they are basically brand spankers, not pleased. I think toyota may have some build quality issues with replacement parts, who do we contact about this?

Toyota?

I think I have found a solution to my problem today. I bought a fish..!!

LOL, you sarcastic git :D I mean't wouldn't someone who knows the club be a good start point? I.e. Steve Manley, rather than emailing toyota blindly, where they would promptly ignore it?

That is a long shot. Toyota at Wigan didn't even go outside to look at the supe as I took it down to show them. They just said that they would get me a new one..!!

• 1 year later...
Toyota?

I think I have found a solution to my problem today. I bought a fish..!!

Pmsl at that comment!

Thread bump!

Did you manage to sort this mate?

I'm about to park mine in a barn for 2 months (woth an open front) and was thinking about getting a stormforce but I'm now thinking its not worth it especially as it has a roof over it.

Ive just bought a set from toyota and mines are fogging up to. Not happy. Im going to go see Mr T and see what they say.

It will not be the lights. I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that the caps that fit in the fog lights were missing from a piss poor HID install in Japan. Once I unravelled the wiring I found the caps wrapped up in insulation tape. After getting new caps as the original had had holes drilled in them to run wires through, returned the lights to a stock set up solved all my problems.

H.