The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Threaded Aluminum Spacer?

JamieP

Im doing a few jobs on my car over winter and want to add some braces to my IC pipes like in the picture attached, the braces are no problem but i want some of the threaded bar to weld on my pipes like i have circled in the picture, anyone know where i can get some? cant find anything.

Cheers.

Hope DARETT dont mind me using a picture of his bay.

i have random bits of bar lying around. i would be able to make something up if you don't come up with anything. let me know if you can't find any. im assuming its just drilled and tapped. something like 316 stainless steal?

EDIT: you want alloy, if u change ur mind i have stainless bar

Got to be alley to weld to the IC pipes.

If you carry on with the text speak you will get banned Noz, mods wont keep telling you.

Actually, that set up is not good at all, thinking about itas the flex of the rubber coupling to disengage engine movement from the I/C pipework is removed, and you are trying to make that alloy bar feed engine movement into the rest of the pipework. You could use a bar with small rod ends on it, but it's complicated and messy. You could use tension springs instead of a bar. You really need a clamshell coupling here, that is pretty, and allows movement through O rings on ferrules. The best are Adel Wiggins ones. You could get rid of the rubber hose altogether then, and still have movement.

http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?form_prod_id=3918&action=product

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.