The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ebay fools

dr_jekyll

i know its been coverd before but i need to vent.

firstly ive had a small diesel pug 206 on ebay for a while now , three times its sold at auction and three times ive had a p1ss ass crap excuse . the3 latest one being " my partner had bid on the car without me knowing but ive already baught another car. TW4T.

sedcondly, ive put my jaguar xk8 for sale as a classified for £3695 i feel a reasonable price for a lovely car . ive been very honest in the ad and listed evry minor fauklt the car has and due to a recent crack on the screen i reduced it to £3295. some peenarse emails me and said " ill offer you 2000 for it because it has faults ( crack on screen and scratch on wing ) ..... yea ill shave a further £1300 off. what a ponce.

some people supreamly p1ss me off i cant evan dignify it with a reply or i migh say someting incriminating.

rant over

I got this ALL the time when i sold advertised my Evo on ebay. The same guy emailed me EVERYDAY it was on there saying "only 6 days left, i'll give you £2k for it"

"Only 5 days left, i'll give you £2K for it". I told him to get to f**k in the end as i was sick of him. I wouldnt have cared if he offered me 5k for the car, i wouldnt have sold it too him no matter what after that. I sold it for £4k the following week :D

well i replied. couldnt help it ,

"yea sure why not, would you like anything els thrown in too. i have a child coming soon, if you can hang on till it drops ill throw it in the deal. aditionally my liver seems to be in good nick if youd like that , you never know when your current liver might let you down ;) collect by monday and ill throw in my sister too" .

what yiou think?

"yea sure why not, would you like anything els thrown in too. i have a child coming soon, if you can hang on till it drops ill throw it in the deal. aditionally my liver seems to be in good nick if youd like that , you never know when your current liver might let you down ;) collect by monday and ill throw in my sister too" .

what yiou think?

I'll give you £5k for all that.

I had 120 people viewing my Type R when it was on eBay the first time it sold.

108 or so the second time but only 10 people were actually bidding!

I wrote on the advert the Type R was worth over £3k in parts alone to give people an idea of the price but I had constant idiots emailing me to offer £1,500 or £2,000. Like I was going to say yeah I'll knock £2k for you because I am a dimwit & you have been successful in finding one.

This one character keep low balling me & then saying he can't pay more than £2k as his a trader & he needs to make money on the re-sell so I should offer him a trade price. He didn't seem to understand the concept of a private seller & after I said no, he kept lowering the price :blink:

Out of 80 eBay messages, one person came to see it & buy it when it won the auction, though he texted me every day for 2 weeks asking questions about the car & a further 15 emails. Spent 2 hours checking out the car on arrival! Tried knocking off more money even after I taxed the car for him! Then a week later he texts again moaning!

Sorry for the mini hi-jack Craig! :D

I had the same happen to me when i stuck my Rover 620ti on there.

2 Asian fellas came from Birmingham, sure it took them 9 hours or so to get to Newcastle, when they arived they made up allsorts to get money off.

Igot sick in the end so when they announced they were off for food and would be back, i garaged the car and went out, ignoring my phone.

what yiou think?

No mention of Liz or a sexual favour from yourself in the offer, do you want to sell the car or not Craig..!!

As mentioned above. There is a fine line between making offers and taking the pi55. 10-15% is reasonable discount or you shouldn't be viewing the car. That said, when I put a car up for sale, that is the sale price and its a take it or leave it exercise. I would probably go 5% on the day but nothing more as my cars are generally in much better condition that the next.

H.

I got similar through my work ebay site. Have had a guy for over 12 months offering me £200 for an item I had on for £300. Said Items we sell to the trade at £175+ vat, so £210 before any carriage. He must have emailed myself and my colleague 8 or 9 times. He said he had a customer on for it (yeah right...) and only had £200 to spend. Got to a point where I basically said, Look, stop wasting your time and mine. The answer is no. You cant have it for £200. If that is all your "customer" has to spend, tell him to buy something else! I've also had similar problems with car sales, as have a few mates of mine. As has been said, It is really annoying that sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore.

I hate people making offers. Of any kind. I know the car. I've driven it for ages. I know what it's worth and I know it's faults. Making an offer 200 quid under asking price and saying "front bumper has a stone chip and that will need spraying" is insulting. I know it's got a chip. Im not putting the car up as a perfect condition price then expecting you to argue the price down on how many faults you spot. The price is the price. And you won't have it sprayed anyway. I'll have it sprayed for 100 quid and you can pay the asking price +200 quid ;)

Not being funny, but your advertising your car on eBay, that site is only used by people wanting to find the cheapest option they can find. Of course your going to get silly offers on cars.

This is why I never use Ebay for higher value items, too many people trying to get a bargin, Dont get me wrong ebay is good site for buying bits and bobs, but never try and sell a car on there you just no end of idiots trying it on.

No mention of Liz or a sexual favour from yourself in the offer, do you want to sell the car or not Craig..!!

As mentioned above. There is a fine line between making offers and taking the pi55. 10-15% is reasonable discount or you shouldn't be viewing the car. That said, when I put a car up for sale, that is the sale price and its a take it or leave it exercise. I would probably go 5% on the day but nothing more as my cars are generally in much better condition that the next.

H.

lis is for sale in a seperate auction :)

I tried selling an HKS 272 intake cam for the Supra on ebay. It was installed for under 50 miles as a test, so as close to new as you can get for a used item, really. They are about £300 new so I put it up for £200. I had some guy from Denmark or whatever offer me £100 :blink:

I told him I'd rather it sat in my shed unused for the rest of time :D (which is currently happening)