The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK White Supra single turbo 447bhp 15psi

AshBhp

White UK TT 1996 81k, converted to single turbo.

I have owned and looked after this car for 6/7 years and she is in very good condition in and out.

I have done a full service, plus autobox oil + filter change, diff oil change and timing belt kit change.

New MOT passed with no problems.

I did a budget single turbo conversion which is set for stock boost at the moment.

Turbo is t61 with OBX stainless manifold.

Walbro fuel pump up grade.

Front mount inter cooler.

3'' full turbo back exhaust system.

Everything else is stock.

I'll get her on the dyno soon with video of power run.

Full inspection welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the reply, I have just booked myself into the inlaws next weekend (In solihull) so will come and view on the Saturday, all the attention this thread has created might see this sell before then so please let me know if you do sell it before Saturday and I can save myself the trip?

Pm'd you mate. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Am I then the only one that thinks that sticking a cheapy turbo and manifold and some BPU kit on a supra without changing the injectors or fuel control (thereby maxing out the injectors at 450 bhp, and running the car lean between the stock ecu's 1-2 turbo changeover point) doesn't warrant a price hike over a stock BPU vehicle? To warrant the money you'd need to finish the job and stick some proper injectors and a mappable fuel solution on the car. There's trick 6 speeds available for not a lot more money to compete with for a sale.

Am I then the only one that thinks that sticking a cheapy turbo and manifold and some BPU kit on a supra without changing the injectors or fuel control (thereby maxing out the injectors at 450 bhp, and running the car lean between the stock ecu's 1-2 turbo changeover point) doesn't warrant a price hike over a stock BPU vehicle? To warrant the money you'd need to finish the job and stick some proper injectors and a mappable fuel solution on the car. There's trick 6 speeds available for not a lot more money to compete with for a sale.

At stock boost pressure 0.8bar and slight over boost spike say, 1 bar the UK 550 cc injector are safely within its limits of injector duty of 80/85% which equate to 440bhp.

This for me at stock boost and budget single turbo kit works very well for a UK Auto Supra with FULL BPU supporting mods. Plus there is no stress to engine and gearbox.

Naturally i have test this set up on our Dyno and AFR's are not LEAN at stock boost.

So at that level of boost in mind i don't see no reason to spend/waste more money on bigger injector, fuel controller, boost controller, extra labour costs and remap fees.

For someone who wants more power, say max border line 550bp on stock auto then they have the latter option.

So as far as i'm concerned this Supra is the finished job.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.