The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jeremy Clarkson's comments on the One Show

Gaz6002

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some bint on the BBC news (Karen Jennings - deputy secretary general of Unison) described the comments as 'Totally, totally frightening to anyone who was on the march yesterday' and compared Clarkson's comments to the way Gadaffi would talk about a protest.

FFS, get a life! It's Clarkson!

Didn't we all stop taking his comments literally years ago?

some bint on the bbc news (karen jennings - deputy secretary general of unison) described the comments as 'totally, totally frightening to anyone who was on the march yesterday' and compared clarkson's comments to the way gadaffi would talk about a protest.

ffs, get a life! It's clarkson!

lmao

Some bint on the BBC news (Karen Jennings - deputy secretary general of Unison) described the comments as 'Totally, totally frightening to anyone who was on the march yesterday' and compared Clarkson's comments to the way Gadaffi would talk about a protest.

FFS, get a life! It's Clarkson!

Exactly.

As long as we are in a recession, the public sector should NOT be expecting better packages than what everyone else gets.

It is teaching the kids, if you don't get something you want just strike & do nothing!

Exactly.

As long as we are in a recession, the public sector should NOT be expecting better packages than what everyone else gets.

It is teaching the kids, if you don't get something you want just strike & do nothing!

or as Josh said go down the pub and get drunk, a frightening number of children of this day and age see at home, they do not need to see this from people that they are supposed to look up too and take advice from.

I thought he was brilliant, but correct, albeit in a very exaggerated way. The comment following the "execute" word I notice has gone missing from most Unison arguments. "I mean, how dare they go on strike when they've got these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living?". Convenient.

A friend of mine has just become a teacher, and she has told me that she was told that she basically HAD to join the union. She was told that her job wouldn't be secure unless she did, and she would generally be vulnerable. So she had to strike, although she didn't really know why and spent the day shopping.

I've also just got back from heathrow, where staff have told me that they managed to cope with the strikes with few delays. Apparently the management were so suprised by how well they performed that they're going to carry out an audit, so many of these strikers may now find there jobs are in question.

IMO these strikes are nothing more than a dig at Cameron, there'll certainly be no positive outcome for the union members.

Presumably the government will be using the wages from the 2 million people who were on strike yesterday to pump back into the economy. Or maybe they'll add it to the bankers bonuses.

Oh and I think he's an idiot to put it mildly but he always has been. Clearly just a bit of publicity for him.

Just edit to add I thought the comment he made afterwards regarding suicides on trains were much worse.

Having seen him on the tv for years and having read many of his books, I'm slightly amazed at the "get him sacked" brigade.

The tone in his voice surely suggested some kind of humour.

I don't think it was a dictat from Pol Pot.

Like Soop Dog, I also heard the lady from Unison on Radio 5 today.

I hate to admit it, but if I'd been in possession of a firearm...jeez I haven't heard such pathetic moaning on the airwaves for a while.

Going against the grain here.

Can't stand the guy for his insensitive outspoken comments. Agree with the union that celebrities have been sacked for far less. I'd be happy to see him go. Sack him. Can't stand top gear due to the same tasteless immature juvenile humour and stints.

A man his age and status should know better.

Not at all saying I agree with the protests just think its s very stupid tactless thing to say on live prime time tv on the same day of the protests.

Well I think Jeremy is a good laugh and I would hate to see him sacked. Although what he said was way over the top and you really shouldn't comment on a broadcast like this - he's got a damn good point and he's only speaking out for all of us private sector workers, not just thinking for himself.