The mkiv Supra Owners Club

For the single guys.. And girls really..

a98pmalcolm

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the biggest snag with me is I have an unfortunate problem of feeling nauseous 24/7 for the past 7 years so making the "single life" worth it or doing what I can is pretty much out the question and was also the reason for loosing the most amazing girl 4 years back, that also being the reasonfor my un-attendance to supra meets and shows :( but I'm really going to try with supra pod 2012 even booked the time off work, so my life has mainly consisted the past 5 years or so of sitting in my room watching films, playing games and seeing my close mates visit and pop to local places, making it EXTREMELY difficult to meet new people.

I guess... I don't wanna always bug my friends and family with my problems (who wants to see a guy that just moans all the time) no matter how supportive and amazing they are but even though It may sound looser/sad what ever way you may put it I turn to a car owners club, as I said I think your a good lot, were all human.. Thanks for the effort of replying.

I think this can be the ideal place for it, I've seen a few threads like this of over the years, even started one! and whilst there is a bit of 'man' banter about the whole thing in general the OP gets some good advice and empathy.

The nauseous thing could be a food intolerance (my Brother has/had similar problems to you) and i'd look into tests for this as these things as it can effect your willingness to be social in general, and it appears to be holding you back and you directly blame it for the previous breakup? The easy thing to do is make the mental picture of - I'm single, I feel bad 24/7, I (think I) broke up with my previous girlfriend because I felt like this, therefore how will get/keep a girlfriend - and put you in a catch 22/downer.

The above is not true and the way you feel will not stop you having a successful relationship but I would first try to see purely for your general health and well being what might be causing the nausea?

Married life is GREAT!! But got to be with the right person. I think he needs to go to different pubs or somewhere that is always lively. Not a really loud club cos they cannot here a word your saying. Go to the bar where the ladies you want to speak to. Check there fingers make sure no married rings order yourself a drink and offer them one usually they say Yes Sorted get chatting. Your away at the races.

Thanks for responses, it's making a good read..

Sadly Scooter we don't know what's causing the nausea, I've had so many tests and nothing shows. I've seen the head doctors even paid to see a HYPNOTHERAPIST, no luck. Symtems get worse when I drink, travel, get excited, get nervous (beyond bearable) etc etc so it makes it near to impossible to meet people.

Regarding Jurgans post, the problem with the whole internet dating and social networking thing is (not with everyone) but most of the woman on that are either obese or just plain weird. I met 2 girls from the internet and both turned out to be nut jobs once you met them.

Thai bride? Jesus I'm not that desperate lol..

It sounds like your suffering with anxiety, google the symptoms mate, I suffer with it badly, I have nausia, light headedness and servere fatigue everyday, it gets me down pal :-(

On the partner side, just get out and have fun, you'll meet someone when u least expect it.

Dan

Thanks for the comments people, and some amazing PM's people sent. Really means alot. Had a few mates over tonight got some smiles going and going to rush to bed before some major comedown happens...

Strange how I want the opposite for the car, I want the car to be single and get rid if the twins but I dont wanna be single and would rather have twins :think:

Paul

From my experience,... the more you want for a g/f, the harder it gets. Just sit back, enjoy some casual flirting / talking,.. and WHAM! When you least expect it,... you find her.

I honestly know how you feel. Its the worst feeling in the world.

It was killed me being single.

Be confident (but no arrogant). smile lots. Let her talk and be interested, compliment everything she says, compliment everything about her, be generous (buy her dinner) and most of all,... show her respect.

This might sound really strange but when I was single, I needed a nice shirt for a date the following evening.

After finding a nice shirt I went on the date and everything went really well. Ultimately it didn't work out (due to me getting the Supra stuck in the snow and having to hitch a ride home with date,.. yep, true story) but the shirt seemed to give me confidence,... and so every date I had from that point on, I made and effort to buy a shirt, trousers, jacket or whatever from the same shop. Maybe I thought it was 'lucky',.... but it did give me confidence which helps.

So find something or technique that helps you and gives you confidence to be that little bit better on the date.

Good luck you handsome man!

The past few years with all the crap I have dealt with was taught me to camouflage well without people having a clue how I truly feel. Even my work mates don't know I'm in this way of feeling for the past few years (not just single but amongst other things) the smiles go on (a few real) but its the way it has to be. I always come across positive and jolly.

Thanks for all the posts its really cool of you lot to have a good chat about it. I think some people don't really understand nor can I expect them to with the nausea problem that puts me though agony 24/7 but I'll try to keep the clock ticking and see how it all pans out.