The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another day in London I see

GeordieSteve

yep, think i'll be leaving my laptop etc at work today. Can you imagine if it fell open and a bunch of wires for the charger etc etc fell out?

I'd prob be blown to bits before the laptop hit the ground

I think you'll probably find that the plain clothes were following that suspect closely and that there's not a dozen offices at each platform waiting to unleash lead into anyone carrying a bag.

(Are bullets made of lead or is that just an old western movie thing?)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how much damage a laptop case full of explosive could do?

Guys with backpacks are going to be carefully watched from now on, especially asian looking guys, but laptops.... there must be thousands of guys carrying laptop cases on the tube every day.

Guys with backpacks are going to be carefully watched from now on, especially asian looking guys, but laptops.... there must be thousands of guys carrying laptop cases on the tube every day.

Fair point, except my bag is a backpack hp jobbie. Really overblown for containing just a laptop!

Hey ho, excuse not to be able to do any extra work this weekend

But in all seriousness, i'm sure the police as mentioned use more intelligence then just targeting any asian with a bag.

There is a whole load of us on the tube system, tbh there is alot of people going on about victimisation etc, but lets be honest here - these attacks are being carried out by a group of people who are asian. If the police dont concentrate there efforts on asians then what else are they going to do???

My guess is this.

The guys that shot the male were part of a surveillance team. The suspect was more than likely a known activist, the male did not comply with instructions. They prob strongly suspected he was carrying a bomb and part of an active cell.

It wasn't a random shooting.

My guess is this.

The guys that shot the male were part of a surveillance team. The suspect was more than likely a known activist, the male did not comply with instructions. They prob strongly suspected he was carrying a bomb and part of an active cell.

It wasn't a random shooting.

That's what I said a few posts back ...and I'm not "in the trade". ;)

Funny, I had a WPC here yesterday ask if I'd ever thought of joining the police force. I was scanning the security cameras for a break in next door (5 kids in hoodies at 20:29 in daylight!).. I digress..

At the end of the day if this nugget had a chance of letting a bomb off, I'd make sure he was well and truely dead as well! After I'd run out of bullets he'd have been twatted with the gun!

You forgot laying the boot in amigo and i know quite a few people who feel the same way as you.

Its sickening whats happening over here :complain:

The suspect was more than likely a known activist, the male did not comply with instructions. They prob strongly suspected he was carrying a bomb and part of an active cell.

Or he could have been walking home from the pub with a table leg in a carrier bag and this got mistaken for a shotgun and they blew his head off.

Still, justice prevailed and the coppers got off I believe? ;)

Paul

Or he could have been walking home from the pub with a table leg in a carrier bag and this got mistaken for a shotgun and they blew his head off.

Still, justice prevailed and the coppers got off I believe? ;)

Paul

DON'T start me on that one..........it' still ongoing.

It seems extreme when you hear he put 5 bullets into him, but personnaly i'd rather he did that than the terrorist setting a device off killing god knows how many. It's not a very nice time at the moment but the Police have got to do what they feel best in a situation like this.

Extreme!?!?! How is it extreme, they obviously felt the need to stop him.. would you only want 1 or 2 bullets shot in the legs or something? and then face the chance the guy may press some kinda trigger hes holiding onto?

Well...I guess if you're black too...One of the 7/7 terrorist was black and most of the suspects on yesterdays pictures are black... Although a majority in the first London Bombings are Asian.....It's not Just asians

Extreme!?!?! How is it extreme, they obviously felt the need to stop him.. would you only want 1 or 2 bullets shot in the legs or something? and then face the chance the guy may press some kinda trigger hes holiding onto?

Guess you havn't been seeing/reading any reports where the witnessess have been shocked by the amount of bullets used.

You do realise your post says exactly what my previous one said don't you?? :looney:

Guest Sakura

So now we know that the poor bastard that was shot 5 times in the head at point-blank range was nothing to do with the London bombings. The police are describing it as a "tragic mistake".

This is going to have enormous repercussions for us all. :(

It was dodgy of the bloke to be wearing a big coat in the sun and to run from the police. BUT it was also dumb of the police to shoot him like that - they had no idea if he had explosives on him, how do they know they weren't gonna shoot the explosives / chemicals that a bomber may have on him? they had him on the floor, why not just knock the fooker out then check him! 5 shots is over the top too, if they want to stop him, shoot him in the leg /arms (or knee if they're really pissed off) and then check him. i just think it was irresponsible to shoot someone who you suspect had explosives on him!

As a sort of asian lookin person (who doesn't believe in any of the god / religion stuff i might add), it's well dodgy bein out and about right now. in the last few months i've already been mistaken for a armed robber and some criminal from Luton, would top it off if some nobhead mistakes me for a twatty bomber!

BUT it was also dumb of the police to shoot him like that - they had no idea if he had explosives on him, how do they know they weren't gonna shoot the explosives / chemicals that a bomber may have on him?

Thata why they shot him in the head 5 times I guess, no bombs there! :innocent: