The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stand-out supra moments in your life.

SupraStar 3000

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you locked in? :p

Nope, we were actually travelling. I had a blown engine at the time and we were limping the car home... from the Nurbrugring. My mate got his first ever royal flush in Texas Hold 'em in the passenger seat on that trip.

I also blew my turbo racing a brand new Ferrari California between some traffic lights in London - now that was an experience.

Drifting in sixth gear on the motorway was interesting too. Got to love those R888s in the wet. You haven't lived until you've faced the crash barrier at 120mph on full lock and survived.

Also, seeing a clock with 180mph on it read back around to zero and keep pulling was pretty awesome.

Winning a couple of races was fun too... especially against the more agile cars like hillclimb Elises on tight circuits.

Some of the drift days were fun, but I think the biggest rush came when (trying) to race bikes.

Plenty of other stories... but as I said, they're not for here :)

Nope, we were actually travelling. I had a blown engine at the time and we were limping the car home... from the Nurbrugring. My mate got his first ever royal flush in Texas Hold 'em in the passenger seat on that trip.

I also blew my turbo racing a brand new Ferrari California between some traffic lights in London - now that was an experience.

Drifting in sixth gear on the motorway was interesting too. Got to love those R888s in the wet. You haven't lived until you've faced the crash barrier at 120mph on full lock and survived.

Also, seeing a clock with 180mph on it read back around to zero and keep pulling was pretty awesome.

Winning a couple of races was fun too... especially against the more agile cars like hillclimb Elises on tight circuits.

Some of the drift days were fun, but I think the biggest rush came when (trying) to race bikes.

Plenty of other stories... but as I said, they're not for here :)

It all sounds rather bloody exciting!

Another one that might induce frowns but hey ho.

Driving slowly through a nice bit of the city where a few bars are, its cobbled street (merchant city) and when its rainy there is no grip. So we'd go down to this bit in a couple of Supra's. There is a 90degree turn on this cobbled street and at 5mph you could just pop the clutch and do the s-l-o-w-e-s-t drift around it, looking like the coolest thing since sliced bread (to us of course) :D

We have a tunnel up here called the clyde tunnel, locals will know it. It goes under, surprisingly, the clyde. Id love going all the way down it on engine breaking, the full decat snarling like an angry rottweiler on a leash. Then when it gets to the bottom it rises again and youd get on the power, windows down of course, sounding like the doors of hell had been left open.

So many good times, that Supe gave me a lot of smiles, i will definitely get another at some point.

Any time when it's a glorious day that I can get out topless, and hoon it around without a care in the world.

That power coupled with a sense of being so close to nature, is really something to be thankful for.

And with the unseasonally lovely weather we've had recently, the roof's been off quite a lot.

All that, plus going full BPU in one day, from a peaceful roof on journey to the garage, and a very noisy topless journey home was something else indeed!

Being Pulled over after doing 180+ Mph Past the police in an unmarked car and being pulled over to only watch the turbo catch on fire while the Police officers were giving the owner a pet talk. Luckily as the owner had thought ahead and had a fire ext in the car he impressed the officers with his fast acting reactions and they let him go!!!

More chance of winning the lottery than that happening again!

Ryan

Hum. Had a few.

Sat in a convoy of cars one night for a run during a meet, came across a random small town on sat night. No idea where I was at this point. And the drift prepped r33 infront of me did a rolling burnout the entire length of the highstreet popping and banging away.

Popped out to pick up a pizza and stopped at the lights and a stock type r new shape civic wanted a run. So the lights went. No traction in 1st. Lost traction in 2nd when the turbo spooled and had a little wiggle. But it hit the limiter so fast there was a massive pop/bang. coupled with the open screamer and a 4" hks ti and surrounded by tall buildings It scared the crap out of a guy and his girlfriend walking up the pavement. At the next lights the civic driver had a total "wtf" look on his face.

Going to a jap car meet and trying to outrun a lime green r33 with 450bhp and no2 in my na... I didn't manage it.

I know im heading offtopic from the original thread but what engine does it use,

94bhp air-cooled 1.3-litre VW Beetle engine :D

Oh, and 475kgs including your average driver. Laps around the same time as a 911...

:D

I'll be competing in it next year if I can get the cash together.

When the going gets tough I remember back why I posted this

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?183697-Thought-about-selling...

Also coming back from Mawby's once after picking up some bits, just north of Salisbury there's a huge winding road, sweeping, downhill, tree lined amongst huge fields and in the middle of the summer, with the windows down it was a lovely scenic blast. I must find that road again next summer.

Signing the memorial book for Toyota at Goodwood last year for some reason stood out to me as a memorable moment, albeit, not a shining one per se. Just memorable.

Getting stuck in 2 inches of snow at my parents house. Trying to go down a slight hill but couldn't stop the car sliding about 60 deg to the right and needing to turn the car to go arround a left hand corner. Went down the hill sideways at 2 mph with my wife freaking out in the passenger seat. Ended up sat with the rear on the apex of the corner, front pointing at the outside of the corner.

Front wheels had no effect on the direction of travel, wall infront, hedge behind. road only wide enough for one car. Had to remove all the snow, grit it and create 2 wheel tracks to get to main road.

The day I bought it (June 2000) it looked amazing. I remember the previous owner's lock-up garage doors opening and revealing this absolute beast.

It was like seeing a Tornado in an HAS. Amazing.

Various Le Mans trips doing some nice speeds on the French payages.

Having a spirited drive with an XKR on the way to Silverstone F1 practice day...one of my earliest threads on here.

Going to see F&F at the cinema in my Supe, then leaning over to my mate in the theatre and saying "I've got one of those!!" :D

I think his reply was unprintable, but I think he suggested I had sex. A lot. By myself.