The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stand-out supra moments in your life.

SupraStar 3000

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few from me.

My first experience in a Supra was sitting next to SteveL at Oulton Park. Well, I caught the bug!

45 minutes sat next to Paul Whif at Cadwell cemented it!

The quick blast in Paul's monster the day before Suprapod (1200 at that time) will be with me forever!

However, the joy of driving away from Paul's with my own Supra tops all of them.

The little encounter I had locally with a lady in a nice R35 was fun too. Going from a single to a dual carriageway the tell tale puffs of smoke came from the skylines exhausts. Already in third, I booted it too. As the skyline rocketed away the Racelogic went into overtime and the Sup adopted a slightly side ways attitude. Stayed with her up to the next roundabout. Up onto the motorway and I claimed my first R35 scalp. The lady was quite pretty and smiled as I went past.

Shame I had the father in law with me at the time!

There must be an uncensored version of that clip somewhere!

Stand out moments for me have to include going BPU, the difference in performance (and noise) was phenomenal. Otherwise driving through the French alps, racing a porsche turbo (and getting beat!), getting onto the track for the first time. In fact if it weren't for all the other people on the road, every moment in the car has been a real pleasure.

Good lord, where would I start.

First ever Supras.co.uk meet at Basingstoke. 7 x mkiii Supras in a wet and soggy Pizza Hut car park.

First supras.co.uk event where a mkiv rocked up (Pete Betts' car)

First weekend event at Blackpool

First Santa Pod RWYB event

And thats all before 2002.

Then there was JAE at Billing with 120 Supras. First club track day at Bentwaters. First really big convoy to JAE. First Suprapod, FnF at Bluewater.

And then there was Dragonball'11, that was a corker.

I could keep going just by going back through all my pictures and videos.

So many Supras, so many members, and seeing cars with club stickers and people with club clothing still makes me proud.

Good lord, where would I start.

First ever Supras.co.uk meet at Basingstoke. 7 x mkiii Supras in a wet and soggy Pizza Hut car park.

First supras.co.uk event where a mkiv rocked up (Pete Betts' car)

First weekend event at Blackpool

First Santa Pod RWYB event

And thats all before 2002.

Then there was JAE at Billing with 120 Supras. First club track day at Bentwaters. First really big convoy to JAE. First Suprapod, FnF at Bluewater.

And then there was Dragonball'11, that was a corker.

I could keep going just by going back through all my pictures and videos.

So many Supras, so many members, and seeing cars with club stickers and people with club clothing still makes me proud.

Its good to know the club still gives you enjoyment and makes you proud,.... as without you I'd be working the streets. :D

Its a great club, you have the right to be proud JB :thumbs:

I can't agree enough, it's the one club I have pride in being a member of.

Speak to far too many car nuts with their forums - Porsche, BMW, lancia and many others and it sounds like the club spirit we have here is nonexistent or nearly so elsewhere.

Here's to the next ten years.

Cheers

I was heading to a friend's on a nice summers' day, on the dual carriageway around Norwich. I spied something interesting ahead and proceeded to catch up. Turned out it was a Porsche Carrera GT, £300k and 600bhp worth of supercar. I deliberately missed my exit just to follow it, thinking "this doesn't happen often". We both took the A11 south turning and ended up, film-style, next to each other at the traffic lights.

"Nice ride", says I. "Thanks", says he, grinning lots. "Mind if we see how my car stacks up against yours?" I ask. "Sure", he replies.

So off we went for the next 7 or 8 miles. Normal cars would get out of the way in the right hand lane and we'd be off. He couldn't get away from me, I couldn't catch him up - you 've gotta love a T67 :D We did about four runs from 60 to, well, more than that ;) What it must have been like for someone in the left hand lane to have the Carrera GT flash past at full V12 chat followed by the Supra with the screamer pipe wide open I don't know.

I used a quarter tank of fuel in about 25 miles, and at least 15 of those I was driving normally :) I think, though, it might have upset the Carrera driver as he didn't stop to chat again bwahahahaa :devil:

I was heading to a friend's on a nice summers' day, on the dual carriageway around Norwich. I spied something interesting ahead and proceeded to catch up. Turned out it was a Porsche Carrera GT, £300k and 600bhp worth of supercar. I deliberately missed my exit just to follow it, thinking "this doesn't happen often". We both took the A11 south turning and ended up, film-style, next to each other at the traffic lights.

"Nice ride", says I. "Thanks", says he, grinning lots. "Mind if we see how my car stacks up against yours?" I ask. "Sure", he replies.

So off we went for the next 7 or 8 miles. Normal cars would get out of the way in the right hand lane and we'd be off. He couldn't get away from me, I couldn't catch him up - you 've gotta love a T67 :D We did about four runs from 60 to, well, more than that ;) What it must have been like for someone in the left hand lane to have the Carrera GT flash past at full V12 chat followed by the Supra with the screamer pipe wide open I don't know.

I used a quarter tank of fuel in about 25 miles, and at least 15 of those I was driving normally :) I think, though, it might have upset the Carrera driver as he didn't stop to chat again bwahahahaa :devil:

Brilliant !! You actually just reminded of the convoy to Japfest before we met up with the main convoy. We were driving along and a Ferrari 360 wanted to play :D He was in the middle I was in the inside and Dom (event organiser on here) was in the outside lane, when we let it rip it was a syphony but he couldn't get away from us and I am bone stock :eyebrows:

Also put a Starlet GT in his place too :p

Plus being right behind JP when he popped a boost pipe was pretty spectacular, I cacked my pants

Ah,.. I think all Supra owners get 'attention' from the opposite sex when diving these cars. Isn't that why we like them so.

I'm sick and tired of cleaning breast milk off my windows when driving through town at night.

Two for me that stand out are...

The day I went to pick the car up from Jurgens. With it being a private import had to wait 8 weeks for it to arrive. I got 2 of the lads to come with me on a mini road trip. All caught the bus to the train station at 5.50 in the morning. The journey up there was a right laugh (some wierd people live in Yorkshire lol). Jurgen picked us all up from the train station and it was maybe 10/15 min drive to his unit. He was telling me about the car, about how he had taken it for a test drive and it was an "animal". Pulled round the corner and there were 2 supras parked up outside... I rmember thinking to myself, that doesn't look like the pictures he sent me :(

Then looked inside his unit and there it was, parked right in the middle of the room... I said to my friends, "I think that's it", to which they replied in astonishment, "f*** me mate".

I remember thinking to myself I can't actually own a car that looks like this. Next thing he said was "have a listen to it...." :drool: It staretd up and the inside of my chest started vibrating, we took it for a little run and I was well and truely gobsmacked.

It was quite greasy on the roads so was cautious driving the 150 miles home. However we came to a slip road to get on the A1 and I thought I'd give it some. Pulled through second and third with the rear sliding all over the place... There was complete silence in the car for about 10 seconds until we all burst out laughing and talking about it all the way bacl. A great day :thumbs:

Second one was I was dropping a friend off home on a Tuesday night in Farnworth, there were a bunch of girls near a bus stop on the other side of the road. As I was waiting at the junction to turn one of them shouted "Wow nice car... Do you like these...?" and proceeded to flash me. Don't think that would have happened if I had taken the transit lol :)

I remember first laying eyes on a mkiv supra at the scottish motor show in the secc when it first came out. Seeing it sitting there in silver on the Toyota stand with a tv next to it showing the speed sensitive spoiler activating was mind blowing to me. My uncle had a white mkiii turbo and was in love with that, but to have a new supra out and to be looking at it was incredible. I was only 10 or 11, but the moment stayed with me for so long that when I replaced my first car, a white mkiii with a silver uk spec mkiv I felt like I had waited so long for it (17 years!) and it was worth the wait. I feel so lucky that the car I wanted most of my life was pretty much forgotten about by the time I could afford one. You can't help feeling like there is something wrong with people that they wouldn't want a supercar that not long ago was £40,000. Lucky for us I guess. funny how it ended up being a silver uk spec I got.

I love catching the reflection in shop windows at lights

Looking at the sunset light up the curves in the wing mirror on a drive home

And looking out my window to see it parked on my drive :)

I love catching the reflection in shop windows at lights

Looking at the sunset light up the curves in the wing mirror on a drive home

And looking out my window to see it parked on my drive :)

Parking up, walking away, looking back, and even after all these years, thinking "damn, that's a good looking car". :salute:

• 3 months later...

Driving home from Peterbrough cruise at 1.30am, pulled up to a roundabout and what happens to come round from the right, a brand new Focus RS and a Porsche Cayman S. We had police sitting right inbetween us and I was just hoping they'd pull off even though they must have known what was gonna happen. Next turn off they went! Couldnt believe it, the next 25 miles all i can say is amazing. The Porsche was daaaaaaamn quick but nothing on the twin bpu after the triple digits. The Focus RS sounded really good, after the drive up and down from 60 to 14* and top speed runs we had to stop on the way home just because we had so much adrenline running through us! We went past a tesco van, he must have loved it

My standout moment has got to be the first meet I attended.

We met akwardly in a pub carpark, with me being the newby I felt self conscious and on trial. Steve scared me with his flowing blonde locks and sullen stare, Jay scared me with his man stubble, Ben scared me with his extravert exuberance. I think it's fair to say I was scared. I spent the next 10 minutes forcing confidence, but inside I was cringing so it was a relief when we finally all made the "roll out" sign in a show of male coolness. Once sitting in the cockpit, all my inhibitions melted away as 5 beasts roared to life. The looks we got as we rolled out of the carpark and through the little village gave me a lovely warm feeling between my legs, and I started to relax. I had Jay and his 700bhp monster in front of me and Aman and his BPU behind so I felt a little intimidated in my little NA but that didn't stop me from giving it some beans in an attempt to not look out of place.

We rolled passed a country pub with a posse of bikers sitting outside and as each of us gunned it once across the roundabout I remember thinking, it doesn't get any better than this!

Finally, we found ourselves outside some sort of village fair, and decided it would be rude not to stop in. The parking was on a rough field so we tentatively picked our way across the grass, that is, all of us apart from Steve who seemed to forget he was 3mm from the ground and gunned it over the uneven ground. Needless to say, there were plenty of us to collect the pieces of his shattered bumper so all was not lost. A few nervous minutes later we had navigated our way back out and were cruising through the countryside once again. We rolled through Rotherham where we were gawked at and waved to by the morbid crowd who had trundled down to view Raoul Moat's deathplace. You could almost taste the psychoticism.

So onto the final stretch, and so far only Steve's bumper mishap had clouded an otherwise exhilirating drive. We were gunning it in a convoy towards Ponteland, I was at the rear with Ben ahead of me and hadn't noticed the front pack slowing down sharply for some traffic. Ben's brake lights illuminated, and you would think that with the tiny distance between the optic nerve and visual cortex, I'd have reacted with cat like reflexes. Oh no, I like living on the edge so I yawned and farted before hitting the brake pedal with all the force I could muster. Despite the plume of smoke which rose up from fresh rubber being incinerated on hot tarmac, I could see quite clearly the whites of Ben's eyes as he watched me, wide eyed, sliding gracefully towards him in an awful screech of finality. I imagine he let out a tiny bit of wee as well while we braced for metal on metal impact. The gods were smiling on us though, and decided Steve's incident was not to be outdone as from somewhere, my tyres found a little grip and brought me to a safe standstill.

Once certain death had been avoided, bravado returned and we gave each other a wry smile as if to say, "Yeah, whatever".

Since that day, I have always given the car the respect it deserves.