The mkiv Supra Owners Club

muay thai..

welshbuddy

MWu_LXME510

I stopped doing martial arts 5 years back but i still do my routine workouts. I done kickboxing with silvio simac, itf tae kwon do, karate and Kung fu. I do miss going to competitions I still have loads of trophies. This guy is a great idol Scott Adkins :).

well im back from training :), loving it, looking forward to thursday ;) , its a good size group. How old are you mate? Do you just do it for fitness or actually fight?

Dont fight as im too old but we have some younger guy's in the club who have done interclub fights,(think there is one on youtube) will post a link if i can find it,just fitness for me.Did a lot of years at karate beforehand and found it quite difficult to change habits,the instructor still gets on to me about it :D

Amazing how much you could learn of YouTube free ;).

Kind of.

There is learning by watching and listening certainly, but more importantly learning by doing, interacting and being corrected by another human being is essential.

For instance I can drive a car. I can watch F1 on the tele. I can even watch youtube footage of how to take racing lines etc...but in the end, it's still a million miles away

from driving and feeling a car, at speed, and knowing what you're doing :) oh...and being good at it.

Edit: re; the sidekick:

Just watched his side kick, pretty nice, however...

The way the guy was holding the shield was laughable. He was too upright for a start, so he wasn't rooted to the ground at all. He also had far too little weight over his

front foot, therefor his flying lesson was ineviatable. And holding it flat against his chest...hmmm.

I could hold that bag and he'd probably move me a few inches, and I wouldn't fall over too. I'm 5 foot 4 btw.

I would hold the bag for my benefit, not the kickers :)

I really liked the guy's kick and he had a nice upward angle to it too which always raises the receiver off the ground - if they're not paying attention :D

Im glad some agrees as i was watching that and thinking set up

Kind of.

There is learning by watching and listening certainly, but more importantly learning by doing, interacting and being corrected by another human being is essential.

For instance I can drive a car. I can watch F1 on the tele. I can even watch youtube footage of how to take racing lines etc...but in the end, it's still a million miles away

from driving and feeling a car, at speed, and knowing what you're doing :) oh...and being good at it.

The way the guy was holding the shield was laughable. He was too upright for a start, so he wasn't rooted to the ground at all. He also had far too little weight over his

front foot, therefor his flying lesson was ineviatable. And holding it flat against his chest...hmmm.

I could hold that bag and he'd probably move me a few inches, and I wouldn't fall over too. I'm 5 foot 4 btw.

I really liked the guy's kick and he had a nice upward angle to it too which always raises the receiver off the ground - if they're not paying attention :D

Kind of.

Good post!

Notice also on the kick he goes towards the top of the bag, this ensures the highest part of the body takes impact, much easier than for someone to topple over. Personally as his coming into me with that kick, I'd just swivel out of the way & straight blow to both the face & stomach... Wing Chun style.

:D