The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Good value tool Cabinet?

JamieP

Im looking to have a good tidy up and sort out all my tools, the Halfords Industrial chest looks ok to me, nice and deep.

Or is there better out there for my money?

This is what i was looking at buying.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_745201_langId_-1_categoryId_255214

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_745203_langId_-1_categoryId_255214

Thats tiny compared to the halfords one mate.

looked at them JP for when my garage is done snap on would be nice as a pose but silly money

Yeah snap on would be nice but out of my budget mate, just after the best i can get for £400 ish.

I have those 2 Tool chest JP and they are really good quality, so much so mine are in the spare room:taped:

They do an offer on these that is buy the bigger one and get the smaller one free, if you are not in a rush then just wait a bit, as they do the offer in a cycle with full price, 30% off and buy the big one get the smaller free

I have those 2 Tool chest JP and they are really good quality, so much so mine are in the spare room:taped:

They do an offer on these that is buy the bigger one and get the smaller one free, if you are not in a rush then just wait a bit, as they do the offer in a cycle with full price, 30% off and buy the big one get the smaller free

That sounds good, im happy to wait a while, will keep an eye out for that deal.

I've got 4 of the Halfords industrial tool chests to put in the company vans and there great quality and have never broken even with being in the harsh environment of a van.

I also have a snap on tool chest from my mechanic days to compare them with and I'm very impressed with the quality.

As Rog said look out for the deals as the seem to go in cycles.

Cheers guys.

Good find, bigger and with the top box it works out £130 saving over halfords pair.

Don't touch those with a barge pole. The halfords ones are far better made/built. Friction glide runners are crap too, as soon as you put any weight in the drawer it's a pain to open and close. Roller drawers are a must IMO.

We went from one very much like that machine mart one, to a snapon one and the difference was night and day.

Don't touch those with a barge pole. The halfords ones are far better made/built. Friction glide runners are crap too, as soon as you put any weight in the drawer it's a pain to open and close. Roller drawers are a must IMO.

We went from one very much like that machine mart one, to a snapon one and the difference was night and day.

Ah didn't realise that, glad you said it as I am looking at getting the top section of what Jamie is after. May get the halfords one myself!

Ok, seems like the halfords pair is the ones to get in my budget then.

Definitely, I very much doubt you will see better value for money. It looks like a snap-on rip off, all you're missing is the red paint to be honest.

Halfords have really upped their game with their own brand stuff. They generally don't sell any crap that has the "Halfords" logo on it so when the price is good you can't really go wrong.

I have a halfords tool chest and am well pleased with it, although its not the one you are looking at, had it for around 6 years now. One of my lads works for them and I cant recall if I used his Staff card or my trade card for the best price. Will ask him tomorrow and find out which gives the highest discount.

I've got a Halfords professional Tool chest, had it for about 8 years now and it's a great bit of kit. The problem is that we got some for work last year from Halfords, same professional range and the quality is nowhere near as good as the one I've got, thinner steel and not got the same feel to it tbh.

For work we picked up two chests and two cabinets, all the boxes looked OK with no damage, yet when we unpacked them all four had various degrees of dents in that we had to ease out, if they were for home I would have taken the lot back.

They are still good value but check them instore for dents etc.