The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New tri-turbo (1x Eletric 2x Standard) bmw 550d to get 381hp, 516lb ft

Brazil

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The price of a Supra then a single conversion is still a whole lot less than the BMW though!

But when you try to sell the single supra and you can't even shift it for peanuts..! Going single is a wealthy man's hobby, much wiser to buy one already converted for a fraction of the price.

Its sad that iconic cars of 20 years ago are now getting made to look slow by the progress of the modern diesel engine, but as said its because the modern diesel has been developed for its inherent economy, and the superior torque, now that they can also make it greener, its the preferred weapon, torque is king when it comes to road cars these days.

i thought the bmw badges was there engine size, ie 535 would be a 5 series 3.5 litre , 330 would be 3 series 3 litre , so a 550 would be 5 litres and so on

looks like i was way off its sampsonite

It may have been like that once (I'm not sure though) but it's not anymore.

For example :

A BMW 330i is 3.0 Petrol NA

A BMW 335i is a 3.0 Petrol Twin Turbo

I think the above is correct, there's tonnes of variations across the ranges, so you can't go on just the badge as an indication of engine size :)

i thought the bmw badges was there engine size, ie 535 would be a 5 series 3.5 litre , 330 would be 3 series 3 litre , so a 550 would be 5 litres and so on

looks like i was way off its sampsonite

i beleive the 320i was one of the first cars to go against this, as some of the models are a 1.8L