The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ebay electric garage doors?

JamieP

Jamie, my price was 928.80 for a hormann retractable door, steel frame and hormann electric operator. Which is giving a massive 25% discount.

As for the ebay roller doors they really are that cheap for a reason. I have truthfully removed quite a few that have been 1_2 years old and have broken. If you want a decent roller door look at the sws securoglide or the hormann rollmatic. Both will be around 1400 ish for the sizes you gave me.

martyn.

I realise now when you said 25% off you was talking about the door, i thought you was on about the fitting charge, its still more than i want to spend tbh martyn, thanks anyhow.

Yes looking at it again I didn't really make it that clear, my bad.

Just so you have some kind of idea of a sws door to compare the ebay one to . The sws is 1403 plus vat, and I get 45% discount from the manufacturer so I would pay £925.98 that gives you some idea of what you would be getting at 700 fitted from them. I don't want to put them down because it will work and do what you want it to and if you only wanted it for a couple of years before say moving then it would be worth it.

Thanks Martyn.

I bought two electric roller doors roughly 7.5ft x 7 foot from this company:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roller-Garage-Door-Upto-2-6m-8ft-6-x-2-3m-7ft-6-/120755063227?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Doors_LE&hash=item1c1d9009bb

Had to fit them myself but they are a doddle, did one side by myself. Can't complain, arrived in under two weeks, made to my exact measurements and fit like a...errr door

They are called rollerdor i think, the guys name was Colin.

The pair cost me under £900 delivered.