The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock trac control issues with BPU anyone solved this?

StuartW

Hi all i am building my white sup back to BPU and 7 years ago i crashed my BPU TT6 becuase the trac control used to cut too much power when you booted it, the green light would come up and the trac motor would close the throttle body down so much you lost any momentum which was dangerous when overtaking etc. so i turned it off and it spat me off the road (pics in my garage)

I wondered if i cut away say 20% of the butterfly weather it would reduce the severity of this affect?

i figure the trac motor just could not react any quicker..

has anyone overcome this @ around 390hp on j spec ceramics?

i am fitting a closer ratio w58 so it will be even more of a problem now i reckon?

Cheers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, mine cuts in if I boot it on full boost. Usually in 3rd around 6k. Wasn't sure what to do about it, hasn't been too agressive but judging from what you've said I've been lucky. Toying with getting a RLTC

Are you fitting RLTC onto your new race car stu ?

NO but i will be developing the Syvecs S8 Traction control with Ryan...Just for when i am still a bit sleepy..ya know..heavy night n all ;-)

This will be tricky as i am hoping the front wheels wont be on the ground too much!

The other otion was a "G" sensor but probably even trickier!!

Hi all i am building my white sup back to BPU and 7 years ago i crashed my BPU TT6 becuase the trac control used to cut too much power when you booted it, the green light would come up and the trac motor would close the throttle body down so much you lost any momentum which was dangerous when overtaking etc. so i turned it off and it spat me off the road (pics in my garage)

I wondered if i cut away say 20% of the butterfly weather it would reduce the severity of this affect?

i figure the trac motor just could not react any quicker..

has anyone overcome this @ around 390hp on j spec ceramics?

i am fitting a closer ratio w58 so it will be even more of a problem now i reckon?

Cheers

Why would you want to run the std trac control anyway? it was one of the first things i disabled when i got my Supra, they are so primitive anyway, almost useless and dangerous, as you found out, quite soon i just remove the butterfly from the throttle body and welded up the holes.

And I believe the original question was whether he can fix the problem by changing the size of the throttle butterfuly rather than chance his arm on catching a tank slapper on a cold wet night?

Personally i would rather take my Chance's with no supra trac control with 500BHP, than rely on the std, having experienced just what its capable of, hence my answer.

As for cutting down the trac butterfly in a vain effort to try and improve on an already frankly crap and dangerous system, is IMO foolhardy.

Dude, The glide allows full boost loaded launchin..with a 4 link and 9" its a different planet my pb 60ft time 1.27..after a while it feels sloww but can you imagine a 1 second! leon's is i think 1.02 work out the G?

Shouldn't go driving these powerful cars if you can't handle em dude !!!!:p:d:innocent::taped:

1.3 vid

ekanoo new world record 6.7...

Dude, The glide allows full boost loaded launchin..with a 4 link and 9" its a different planet my pb 60ft time 1.27..after a while it feels sloww but can you imagine a 1 second! leon's is i think 1.02 work out the G?

1.3 vid

ekanoo new world record 6.7...

Leon was hoping to get down to a 0.9 60ft Stu

Personally i would rather take my Chance's with no supra trac control with 500BHP, than rely on the std, having experienced just what its capable of, hence my answer.

As for cutting down the trac butterfly in a vain effort to try and improve on an already frankly crap and dangerous system, is IMO foolhardy.

More dangerous that losing the back end at 50mph when you go across a white line and ripping the car to pieces on a barrier?

I store up pictures of cars that have been written off by forum members (mostly so I can prove it was destroyed when it reappears after a shody rebuild) and it is only the sheer strength of the car that keeps us from losing more members each year.

Feel free to run your own car with no TC at all, but if somebody wants some level of safety on their car lets not try and pursuade them otherwise.