The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some donkey has parked across my driveway for last two days - what can I do

far

The same thing happened to me many years back when I was at uni. I went back to my parents for the weekend and one of the students across the road parked right across the drive and then went off out with the keys. My car was in the garage and I couldn't get it out so I called the police and they sent someone out who ticketed it that morning. It was still there in the afternoon and I had to go back to uni as was just home for the weekend so I called the police again and they sent a tow truck and towed it away. Not sure how much the guys fine was in total but must of been a few hundred quid. Strangely enough he never parked there again.

Tho I do know that if someone parks across your drive and your car isn't blocked in the police won't do a thing.

You should put a sign up asking not to block the drive way or something.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude just call the police and see if they can help. I remember way back a few years ago when a car was park obstructing our driveway, we informed the police and with in 20mins the police checked through the DVLA records and got the details and phone number for the owner of the car and managed to pass on the message to remove the car immediately. It worked before ... worth a try if you havent already!

Dude just call the police and see if they can help. I remember way back a few years ago when a car was park obstructing our driveway, we informed the police and with in 20mins the police checked through the DVLA records and got the details and phone number for the owner of the car and managed to pass on the message to remove the car immediately. It worked before ... worth a try if you havent already!

post 1 dude ;)

do what my dad has done a few times....

gets the ex military landy and if its a van shunt it out the way and if its a car tow it! we had some neighbors who always blocked us in. where unapproachabke and rude. dad lost it and towed there car up the road... they woke up to tires squeeling as the handbrake was well and truely on! police were called and the guy who turned up was a landy enthusiast and agreed with my dad about the situation. a top time was had by all.

Sent from Galaxy S2 white

I would call the police back and advise them that as your car is blocked in they CAN do something about it.

If they don't send anyone around then I would find as much dog Sh1t as I could and smear it all over the door handles and windscreen.

If I had the ability to do so, I would also tow it out of the way.

Just keep ringing the police tell them your mrs can't get her car out and needs the car as you have young children to transport around .

Tell them you think its stolen because no one would ignorant enough to deliberately park across someone else's drive for two days.

If they[the police] won't do anything tow it away from your drive yourself. That way at least you tried to go through the proper channels

We get this all the time.

It might be tempting to take severe measures but if you cause any damage you may regret it as you don't know the sort of people that own the car and there's always a possibility that you get found out and they may return, it's just not worth it in the end.

I would be jacking it up with trolley jacks and and carefully moving it along the road a little so you can have access to your drive.

High way code

DO NOT stop or park

-near a school entrance

-anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services (what happens if the worst happens (play on that fact))

-at or near a bus or tram stop or taxi rank

-on the approach to a level crossing/tramway crossing

-opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space

-near the brow of a hill or hump bridge

-opposite a traffic island or (if this would cause an obstruction) another parked vehicle

-where you would force other traffic to enter a tram lane

-where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles in front of an entrance to a property (if you have family members say they come over often to visit littlen)

- on a bend

- where you would obstruct cyclists’ use of cycle facilities except when forced to do so by stationary traffic (could also be used if your road is narrow)

Also

Traffic Management Act 2004 Part 6: 86 Prohibition of parking at dropped footways etc.

(1) In a special enforcement area a vehicle must not be parked on the carriageway adjacent to a footway, cycle track or verge where—

(a) the footway, cycle track or verge has been lowered to meet the level of the carriageway for the purpose of—

(i) assisting pedestrians crossing the carriageway,

(ii) assisting cyclists entering or leaving the carriageway, or

(iii) assisting vehicles entering or leaving the carriageway across the footway, cycle track or verge; or

(b) the carriageway has, for a purpose within paragraph (a)(i) to (iii), been raised to meet the level of the footway, cycle track or verge.

This is subject to the following exceptions.

(2) The first exception is where the vehicle is parked wholly within a designated parking place or any other part of the carriageway where parking is specifically authorised.

A “designated parking place” means a parking place designated by order under section 6, 9, 32(1)(b) or 45 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (c. 27).

(3) The second exception is where the vehicle is parked outside residential premises by or with the consent (but not consent given for reward) of the occupier of the premises.

This exception does not apply in the case of a shared driveway.

(4) The third exception is where the vehicle is being used for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes.

(5) The fourth exception is where—

(a) the vehicle is being used for the purposes of delivering goods to, or collecting goods from, any premises, or is being loaded from or unloaded to any premises,

(b) the delivery, collection, loading or unloading cannot reasonably be carried out in relation to those premises without the vehicle being parked as mentioned in subsection (1), and

© the vehicle is so parked for no longer than is necessary and for no more than 20 minutes.

(6) The fifth exception is where—

(a) the vehicle is being used in connection with any of the following—

(i) undertaking any building operation, demolition or excavation,

(ii) the collection of waste by a local authority,

(iii) removing an obstruction to traffic,

(iv) undertaking works in relation to a road, a traffic sign or road lighting, or

(v) undertaking works in relation to a sewer or water main or in relation to the supply of gas, electricity, water or communications services,

(b) it cannot be so used without being parked as mentioned in subsection (1), and

© it is so parked for no longer than is necessary.

(7) In this section “carriageway”, “cycle track” and “footway” have the meanings given by section 329(1) of the Highways Act 1980 (c. 66).

(8) References in this section to parking include waiting, but do not include stopping where—

(a) the driver is prevented from proceeding by circumstances beyond his control or it is necessary for him to stop to avoid an accident, or

(b) the vehicle is stopped, for no longer than is necessary, for the purpose of allowing people to board or alight from it.

(9) The prohibition in this section is enforceable as if imposed—

(a) in Greater London, by an order under section 6 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (c. 27),

(b) elsewhere in England and Wales, by an order under section 1 of that Act.

i hope this helps !

Like what's been said, keep trying with the Police. Even though it would be great to just tow it out of the way, you'll probably just get in trouble for moving it. Or do as somebody else has mentioned- box them in, park a car at the front and one at the back. They'll soon come knocking to get the cars moved and you can give them abuse when they do :D

Or pm Ben SZ-R to come and move it, as could be a laugh... Oh and get some pics if he does move it ;)