The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some donkey has parked across my driveway for last two days - what can I do

far

Well we live fairly close to Gatwick and from time to time neighbours friends/family leave their cars on the road or in their driveways.

Some f*ckwit has left their car across our driveway, I mean right across it for the last two days, any ideas what I can do? This seems to be a grey area with different forums/people saying different things when it comes to dealing with it, I've phoned the police and they were not very helpful.

Thing is my wifes car is stuck on the driveway and she hasnt been able to get out and both her and our 16 month old have been stuck indoors and I have had to leave my car on the road for the last two days which isnt ideal as its not a small car

any ideas?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a legal point of view you can not get it removed. As has been mentioned it is not blobking you in, but stopping you from putting your car on the drive. Personnally i would hook it up and pull it out of the way, and dump it in the road, it will then be removed as obstructing the highway and the owner will be fined for the removal and storage. Your Q7 will manage it.

From a legal point of view you can not get it removed. As has been mentioned it is not blobking you in, but stopping you from putting your car on the drive. Personnally i would hook it up and pull it out of the way, and dump it in the road, it will then be removed as obstructing the highway and the owner will be fined for the removal and storage. Your Q7 will manage it.

His wife's is stuck on the drive mate and can't get out!

If it where me, id park your car as close as physically possible to the front of their car, and get a mate or a neighbours car and do the same at the back, that way you've caused no damage, but then they will have to come knock on your door to ask you to let them out, not only can you give them a mouth full, but id tell them your just having your tea, and cant move it for an hour or two ;)

In an ideal world, it would be far more satisfying to get a few mates to just rock it onto its roof and just leave it there.

Surely it's causing an obstruction?

What if you didin't live there are your wife had no other means on transport etc. Your patience is exemplary but I would imagine if the same thing happened in my street, that car would be going missing in the early hours.

The Police must be able to shift it or we'd be blocking everyones drives?

H.

Another thing to do is buy a wheel clamp and leave your mobile number on it, that way they can't just move it while your out, , make them pay add much as the clamp cost before taking it of.

Great idea!

Then put a warning sign up so next time it's all legal. Works for the cowboy clampers and they charge whatever they like. Could turn into quite a money spinner if the sign is in small print. :eyebrows: