The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Www.camerashyplates.co.uk

Hucker

Truth be told, Im no fan of cameras.

I like open motorways and empty roads and finding either is getting hard these days.

Raise ther limit on these roads and lower them elsewhere, after all are not pedestrians found [and supposedly killed] near urban areas ?

As for the sprays, well I have refrained from using them, I think you become a target for nastier retribution than you might if you actually play the game. The game is - know your cameras, respect them and drive with a smile between them :)

This reliance on unmanned automatic revenue generators suits me fine he he...

They have no proof of the identity of driver whatsoever. Just the identity of the vehicle (and even that can be disputed sometimes).

If a traffic cop pulls you over he can arrest you if he's not satisfied with the verification of your personal details. Then YOU have to prove who you are.

With automatic cameras, THEY have to prove who the driver was.

*Big difference*, those with half a braincell and some attitude can exploit this to death :D .

I feel cameras are non discriminative and a bad idea...

They flash me doing 34 in a 30 (I think excessive speed anyway.....my fault) They miss the drunk driver doing 33, the drugged up driver doing 33, the uninsured driver doing 32, the taxless diver at 31 etc etc etc...

They force us to spend too long (proven) staring at the speedo, carefully watching the speed, Now not watching the road enough...

Often cameras "Cause" blackspots rather than go "in" blackspots.....

- Head to the Isle of Man where there are "NO" speed limits out of town...ie: 95% of the roads!!!!

A mate of mine works for the police in their IT department and was chatting to one of the guys in the traffic room and he said there isn't really anyway of getting past the cameras unless you take your number-plate off - sprays, etc really don't work! They have loads of tricks to enhance the picture to get your plate number, but then you have the case of the guy who got let off due to claiming that the evidence had to be modified to prove it was him and that becuase of this the evidence was insubmissable!

I remember an A-road near Slough, wide, quiet, straight, no houses either way, it had a 60 limit.

Then they installed a couple of cameras to 'protect' people from themselves, lol

Then they lowered the limit to 50mph (apparently the cameras were no paying for themselves)

Then they lowered it again to 40mph. What a joke...