The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Www.camerashyplates.co.uk

Hucker

Guest chiefvinso

All of the cameras that flash will not get a reading from your plate. I have used this stuff and it does work, you have to put several coats (of the spray) on though. If the police catch you with it on though they will probably do you for perverting the course of justice. HTH

Guest chiefvinso
Dont work

How many coats did you apply and forgive me for asking a stupid question did you take a pic with a flash? :respekt:

Guest chiefvinso
Don't they just invert the image and get the number from that - then do you for speeding and perverting the course of justice! A fine and points.........

+ 6 years!!!

Not worth the risk as far as I'm concerned, just don't speed.

Not sure if the inverting works as I did mine with a polaroid. Everyone speeds, people need to have aids to help them from being punished for stupid things like 34 in a 30 zone. Theres speeding (just over the speed limit) and then there is speeding (knowing that you are breaking the speed limit.

How many coats did you apply and forgive me for asking a stupid question did you take a pic with a flash? :respekt:

Mate tried it with an official flash. Yes it it did obscure the cameras photograph but this was actually taken by a Gatso!!! He was lucky he got away with it otherwise as stated it could be far worse than the 60 quid and 3 points he got:D I would have thought that running no front would be better, I mean if you cant spot a speed camera then :innocent: Front photo camera vans are another matter.

Losing the front numberplate is something more people might try doing, especially once the 'SPECS' cameras flood the country.

The whole idea behind these 'innovative technologies' is to get rid of traffic cops and replace them with automatic ticketing systems, saving money (well, *making* money actually)

They've probably realised that rear-facing cameras aren't worth jack, if the registered owner doesn't name a specific UK-licence holder willing to accept responsibility. ooooops.

That's all very well and good but :

A) Your car will look like shite.

B) Deliberately trying to cover up your numberplate with fake mud (or even real mud) is an offence in itself.

If people are worried about cameras in place where there is a posted speed limit, then they should ask themselves why they feel it necessary to speed on those roads in the 1st place. Those limits are there for a reason (most of the time). :shrug:

If you were doing a piffling 34 in a 30 o/s my daughters school, personally i'd hang you up by the bollocks. :complain:

C'mon people. there are still PLENTY of roads out there where we can still enjoy our cars.

As i used to say wait till you see the sign then GLF!!! :D

Guest chiefvinso
That's all very well and good but :

A) Your car will look like shite.

B) Deliberately trying to cover up your numberplate with fake mud (or even real mud) is an offence in itself.

If people are worried about cameras in place where there is a posted speed limit, then they should ask themselves why they feel it necessary to speed on those roads in the 1st place. Those limits are there for a reason (most of the time). :shrug:

If you were doing a piffling 34 in a 30 o/s my daughters school, personally i'd hang you up by the bollocks. :complain:

C'mon people. there are still PLENTY of roads out there where we can still enjoy our cars.

As i used to say wait till you see the sign then GLF!!! :D

So how fast have you been past schools in your time? School zones are a different matter and common sense would tell you to be vigilant around them. But cameras are placed in stupid areas (supposedly accident hotspots), I cant really remember seeing many around schools.

Whats the sign to GLF?

Anyway, the answer to the spray paint IMO the anti flash worked. But I wouldnt use it anyway as I am not too up to speed on what the authorities are up to to catch those who are real hardnened criminals, bringing society down - I mean those people who do 34 in a 30 zone even if their speedo might say 30! :eyebrows:

Tell me about it, in Oxfordshire, all the National unrestricted roads (the GLF roads!) are having their limits changed to 50 or in some cases 40, and can't see any discernable reason why.

Is it:

To reduce roads casualties?

Lower vehicle emissions?

The nanny state?

Don't know, but the paradox is the A361 Banbury to Chipping Norton road.

This road is a fast road, unrestricted except through villages, and Thames Vally Police have posted up road casulty signs stating something like:

"Next 2 miles 7 people have died in the last 3 years" or something similar.

Usually they're bikers (no surprises there) but it surprises me the so far the limits haven't been reduced unlike other roads where they have.

I saw this week in the press that the Government has suspended all new speed cameras (fixed sites) pending a review, as studies have shown that fixed cameras have done little or nothing to reduce roads deaths and in some cases casualties/deaths have gone up.

What we need as i've said before is less cameras, and more traffic police, who are far more effective at catching all the unlicensed/unisured drivers who drive around with such impunity at the moment.

So if you use these products, then as the old saying goes, if you are caught its a fair cop and you've got to be prepared to accept the consequences.

Happy for school zones to be 20mph when there are kids about - I usually end up doing 20mph past schools at drop off/pick up/linch times anyway. No need for them to be 20mph alllll day, overnight and at weekends. :)

In Australia they were very keen on time specified speed restrictions. I think this is great idea, like you say 20mph during school pick up times is a good and safe idea, but surely it could be 30mph for example on a Saturday

I still think it's a shame that enough drivers in this country have to be told what is a safe speed to travel at, rather than use their brains and know it's daft to even approach some speed limits under certain circumstances. Ho hum.

They are trying to get rid of traffic cops, this camera-proliferation is a cheapskate plan.

With no real people on the streets, there will be noone to catch bad driving, fake plates or those registered to 'convenience' addresses.

Let alone people with no licences, there's lots of them around.

Some stick out like a sore thumb, if I can pick them out, imagine what an experienced cop would catch...

I still think it's a shame that enough drivers in this country have to be told what is a safe speed to travel at, rather than use their brains and know it's daft to even approach some speed limits under certain circumstances. Ho hum.

Agreed, and really it should work, but without the fear you would get more people willing to overtake slower more cautious drivers than you do already, and road deaths would certainly increase.

Maybe higher limits in some areas and at certain times would be a better step. Especially on motorways where IMO a 10 or 15 mph increase wouldn't increase the average speed by anywhere near that ammount.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't forget that we ALL think we're above average drivers.... that's the one thing that virtually every person in the driving world has in common! I do speed, but I certainly don't agree with the old BS "everybody does it".... my mum certainly doesn't and neither does my dad!

The rules have to encompass everyone, including the stupid, senile, frail old codgers that I wouldn't trust doing 70 on a duel carriageway, let alone 100.

Like I said, I speed... but if I get caught then it's my fault. I may not agree with some of the speed limits in this country but that doesn't mean I should decide which laws I follow and which I don't!

What we need as i've said before is less cameras, and more traffic police, who are far more effective at catching all the unlicensed/unisured drivers who drive around with such impunity at the moment.

So if you use these products, then as the old saying goes, if you are caught its a fair cop and you've got to be prepared to accept the consequences.

Well from the drivers point of view surely its better in some ways to have 'FIXED' cameras as at least we all know where they are !!!

More traffic Police means we are more likely to be caught for speeding..same with so called 'Safety Cameras vans'

Having signs with the casaulty rate like 7 people Died in the last 3 years, as did 100 rabbits, 40 hedgehogs, 28 squirrels, and an unopened packet of Malteasers...does have an effect....(for 5 minutes) and is almost as affective as actually seeing a road accident..does make you think...

To Be Honest i would rather the fines go up by a 'huge' margin and take the points system away..and maybe people should be charged in relation to their income...that would create some revenue...I think the prospect of losing your licence after 12 points is bit harsh really...

Maybe the fines could increase the more you offend as a deterant...

Si

To Be Honest i would rather the fines go up by a 'huge' margin and take the points system away..and maybe people should be charged in relation to their income...that would create some revenue...I think the prospect of losing your licence after 12 points is bit harsh really...

Maybe the fines could increase the more you offend as a deterant...

Si

ummm... don't agree with this i'm afraid. There's already too many reasons for people to give up work and go on the doll. Want another one, don't work, drive around at stupid speeds knowing that if you get a fine it'll be a couple of quid per week for the next year.

There's no simple solution and when all the new technology comes in it will be so much harder to drive fast sensibly.