The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD1XXX Supra

Luxluc

Good luck mate, that is going to make your car even more of an animal! :cool:

Love this car.

Thank you ;)

Sounds like you have a good plan in place, it's going to make your car that's already an awesome machine into something spectacular.

Will be looking forward updates when the work starts.

Thanks Andrew. The first phase should be done mid of April (6870 turbo on current head). Turbo is about to be ordered through Black Friday sales in the US. Lee will get me the 1500cc ASNU's :)

After discussions with Lee, the Supra will go to SRD mid of March.

Lee will then perform a global maintenance (all oil changes and checks), plus install the 6870 turbo and bigger injectors.

Beginning of April, we will then go to Abbey to map it on their hub dyno.

My goal is at least 925 rhhp.

Just edited there for you :) LOL

That's brilliant mate :rlol:

I told Nadja I needed a bigger turbo .... and that the head will be done after the house ; I guess any other suggestion would nevertheless have been NO GO

This will provide interesting information to the performance gains of the VVTI head Luc. This build just gets better and better.

Drop the passengers at the 1km event next year though please, i think you could win :cool:

Yeah ... I really want a proper back to back comparision.

I already told the passenger he will have to get footage next year .... but from the outside :D

I will replace my GReddy 3 row IC by a ETS 5" unit.

I don't want to take any risks : I want 999 bhp :)

I'm in line for one of those too Luc...... I reckon our specs are going to be almost identical by the time both builds are finished :D

Really looking forward to your VVTi b2b comparison seeing as I'm going VVTi now too. Should give some interesting solid figures for reference and proof of the benefits VVTi can bring. Top job doing the change in this experimental style mate :thumbs:. Will benefit all information wise.

Have you read this article? Very interesting read.......

http://www.kaizenmotorsports.com/blogs/news/16740952-the-1jz-2jz-gte-vvti-system

I'm in line for one of those too Luc...... I reckon our specs are going to be almost identical by the time both builds are finished :D

Really looking forward to your VVTi b2b comparison seeing as I'm going VVTi now too. Should give some interesting solid figures for reference and proof of the benefits VVTi can bring. Top job doing the change in this experimental style mate :thumbs:. Will benefit all information wise.

Have you read this article? Very interesting read.......

http://www.kaizenmotorsports.com/blogs/news/16740952-the-1jz-2jz-gte-vvti-system

Cheers Phil.

Our 2 cars will be VERY similar indeed ;)

Thanks for the article ; I will go through it this evening. But a quick look indicates what I though : gaining a solid 500 rpm in spool. That is my goal : a 1000 bhp setup that gives full boost by 4000 rpm.