The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD1XXX Supra

Luxluc

The average power of the 38 cars selected so far is 736bhp :D

The top is a 9ff Porsche Turbo with 1400bhp.

Another 9ff GTronic 1200 comes with 1200bhp.

Numerous gorgeous cars like a 1000bhp Viper, several GTR from 600-900 bhp. Even a Audi RS6 with 910 bhp.

Edited by Luxluc (see edit history)

Just played catch-up with your thread Luc, the car looks fantastic! You are going to prove what toyota & SRD can really do ;)

Is it your mates mustang that at 817 bhp?

Thanks mate. I will keep the SRD flag high :)

The 817 bhp Shelby is a German guy. 40 bhp more than my mate in the red one.

When are you going to be in the 1000+ group luc ;)

Tbh Chris, my current setup with 700+ ftlbs is great, as I can use the power in almost every gear ; Ryan did set max boost in 1st gear to 1 bar only, but 2nd gear hooks up very well once the rear tires are warmed up properly.

I will probably replace the 6766 turbo by a Gen2 6870 turbo over winter (not sure yet). Power will then probably break the 1000 barrier, but it's not my major aim. I want the car to stay drivable on the road in every gear. We maxed out the 6766 at 1.9 bar.

I absolutely avoid going for big numbers just for the figures ; it needs to stay controllable. As the engine is very nicely build (carillo rods, billet main caps, etc), I could easily put a 7675 turbo on it and push 1200 bhp, but that's not what I want.

I just want to fine tune it to the limit of what I consider as a perfect road car.

Tbh Chris, my current setup with 700+ ftlbs is great, as I can use the power in almost every gear ; Ryan did set max boost in 1st gear to 1 bar only, but 2nd gear hooks up very well once the rear tires are warmed up properly.

I will probably replace the 6766 turbo by a Gen2 6870 turbo over winter (not sure yet). Power will then probably break the 1000 barrier, but it's not my major aim. I want the car to stay drivable on the road in every gear. We maxed out the 6766 at 1.9 bar.

I absolutely avoid going for big numbers just for the figures ; it needs to stay controllable. As the engine is very nicely build (carillo rods, billet main caps, etc), I could easily put a 7675 turbo on it and push 1200 bhp, but that's not what I want.

I just want to fine tune it to the limit of what I consider as a perfect road car.

Good logic Luc :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Before the rolling race, I will have my tires filled with nitrogen. The intire pressure will be much stabler than with normal air, especially at high speeds (I expect around 200 mph).

The final list of participants is finished. I will post it this evening.

They upped the N° of participant to 74, due to so many nice supercars ; over 50.000 bhp in total ; average power figure : 695bhp.

• 3 weeks later...

I was at the rolling race event yesterday.

I have my GoPro footage that I will upload (hopefully) this evening.

All in all : It was an AWESOME event ; although my Supra was the lowest in tq from all the competitors in my group (they all had between 1000nm/750 ftlbs and 1300/950 ftlbs), it kept up very well with a lot of opponents.

A big disadvantage was the rolling speed of only 50 kph/30 mph and the start line ; all the other cars in my group jumped on me on the start ; I was at only 3300 rpm in 2nd ; full boost comes in 2nd only around 4500-4800 rpm.

I did 6 races in total : Each gearchange at 8200 rpm ; I passed the finish line in 5th gear at 8000 rpm with 300 kph / 186 mph on the speedo.

1. Race

Opponent : 820 bhp 9ff Porsche

Supra won by 8 mph

2. Race

Opponent : 830 bhp 9ff Porsche (1400 kg cerb weight with 825 ftlbs)

The Porsche did 1.5 mph more than the Supra.

The Porsche pulled heavily in the first 4 gears ; the Supra pulled more in 5th gear, probably due to the higher hp

3. Race

Opponent : 930 bhp Audi RS6

I missed 3rd gear, but managed to win by 0.5 mph

4. Race

Opponent : 800 bhp / 800 ftlbs Shelby

Supra killed the Shelby by 10 mph

5. Race

Opponent : 950bhp / 925 ftlbs !!!!! Mercedes C63 coupé

He got me by 8 mph. He even won the complete class ; no GTR and no 9ff did stand a chance against the C63.

6. Race

Opponent : 830 bhp 9ff Porsche (the same than in race 2)

The guy waited after the start line for 1-2 seconds and hit throttle when he heard the Supra boost. We wanted to see how the 2 cars would really perform against each other when both get the power down at the same moment.

The terminal speed was the same ; he used his massive tq to get off in the gears 3&4. I came closer in gear 5.

There were 6000 spectators

You should have seen and hear them scream every time the Supra was out.

After the afternoon session,there were like 100 people waiting for me to park the Supra on the parking.

All came to congratulate and said that from all the cars in the 2 top classes, the Supra was the greatest ... even if it was not the fastest : they said it sounded like the devil on drugs (back fire with flames on every gearchange at the rev limiter).

I'm very proud ; got 100's of compliments.

I want to thank SRD for a perfect performing Supra : as always.

I did a 200 mls drive to the airport in the Black Forest ; 6 x 30-186 mph races ; 200 mls back home.

@ Lee : I need more torque and rolling anti lag for next year !!!

@ Vijay and Jamie : you were right : I should have installed rolling anti lag before the race ;)

I want to thank SRD for a perfect performing Supra : as always.

I did a 200 mls drive to the airport in the Black Forest ; 6 x 30-186 mph races ; 200 mls back home.

@ Lee : I need more torque and rolling anti lag for next year !!!

@ Vijay and Jamie : you were right : I should have installed rolling anti lag before the race ;)

What's the plans for more torque, a small shot of NOS? You still using the 6766?

Could you use the auto diff to get better acceleration?

What's the plans for more torque, a small shot of NOS? You still using the 6766?

Could you use the auto diff to get better acceleration?

I need to check with Lee John.

Now that the house build is about to start, I can think about the next SRD visit end of winter :innocent:

I will have to talk to Lee. As you pointed out, the diff is a possibility.

I also saw that running 305-35 tires instead of 315-30 gives 6 mph more top speed in 5th gear (at 8k).

I think the swap to a 6870 turbo would be the best to gain a bit of tq. I haven't seen any dynos yet (apart in the states), but that might be an option.

Plus, I defo want to run full E85 too. So far, I can't go higher than 50% as Ryan mapped it on 50% max only. A bit more ethanol content should up the tq.